PDA

View Full Version : Re-spray

Nova-Boy
17-02-03, 12:07 PM
I have had enough of the rally style paintwork and stickers! I am looking at getting a full re-spray in one colour. Anyone got any info on how much it costs and things like spraying the inside of the doors, boot and bonnet etc. Also What COLOUR?? I dont want it to give me too much attention. I have had enough of that with a rally look-a-like, But want it to be a little different. Two tone or something??

Thanks for any opinions.

wisewood
17-02-03, 12:15 PM
You're gonna be looking at anywhere between 400 and 4000 depending on what you want and who does it for you mate.

Nova-Boy
17-02-03, 12:51 PM
there is a body shop in my town that did my mums last car (Golf GTI) for ?250. It Went in Green and came out Dodge Viper blue. I thought it was sweet finish aswell. They even sprayed inside the bonnet, boot & doors etc. I was wondering wether i should do it myself but i dont think i can be arsed doing all the insides of everything. I was just going to do what you can see on the outside but Then i thought well for ?250 i might as well get it done. The insides of my mums car in the boot etc was like a powder finish? What is that all about?? Is that why it was cheap? They didn't take everything off just masked round stuff i think. Is this the usual procedure or for ?400+ do they take the door panels off etc??

Jim
17-02-03, 12:55 PM
Be careful, you'll get what you pay for.

I paid ?600 for a partial re-spray, front and rear bumpers, doors and rear wings. The finish was appauling and I should nevr have taken it to where I did. I was in a hurry to get it done at the time though and I couldn't really afford anything over ?600.

I've learnt my lesson now and will only go to a sprayer that has a good reputation, plus I will want to see there work first hand before I take my car there.

?250 for a full re-spray sounds very very cheap. It might look good when it comes out of the sprayers, but watch for cracking and peel after a few months.

Jim

Nova-Boy
17-02-03, 01:03 PM
cheers.

I have seen there work on my mums old car but we didn't have it for long after that. (my dad wrote it off!!). I noticed on the day we picked it up that it scratched really easily. I was told that it was becasue it hadn't hardened properly yet. It was 2 pac paint but had no lacquer on.