PDA

View Full Version : e-approved?

rbazeley
17-02-03, 11:42 AM
I have found a pair of rear clear clusters that i want to buy and are a reasonable price. The only concern i have is that it ses that they are not e-approved and a seperate foglight is required. I don't have a clue what this means. Are they ok to use or not?

wisewood
17-02-03, 11:54 AM
You can use them - but like it says yuo need to fit a fog light seperately onto your bumper or something.

Anton
17-02-03, 12:05 PM
I had them on mine, fog light shined white and it still passed the MOT :lol: LMAO and was too low to get on the ramp! :lol:

Jim
17-02-03, 12:59 PM
You can buy a red L.E.D foglight to compensate for the clear clusters (there not cheap from what I hear). If you can't afford the foglight then get some Red nail varnish and paint the bulb red. The only problem with this is that if you drive with the fog light on, the paint will soon melt and I've heard of smoke coming from the clusters :o

Try your local Motorserve for the Red LED foglight.

Or you can try mounting a sperate fog light to your car.

Jim

Freak
17-02-03, 04:42 PM
seperate fog lamps look wank.

Just get a red bulb. easy.

Went through 3 MOTS like that for mine (non e marked) and they were fine.

I did however, after having them on for 2.5 yrs-get pulled and fined for them not having an e mark- which isnt in itself an offence, but the reflectors were white which is an offence.

Id be more concerned about that if i were you.......The pigs are well aware of this fact.

Ben (lurk75)
17-02-03, 04:45 PM
try a orange indicator bulb should suffice as a lot of french cars have orange fog lamps.

locky
17-02-03, 09:48 PM
Yeah i'd b more concerned bout the reflectors, if ur parked up at the side of the rd, som1 may not see the back of ur car at nite, and smack into it!
How often dya drive with ur fog lamps on? iv never used mine! only 2 check they r working!