PDA

View Full Version : New job

Dicko
17-02-03, 11:05 AM
started my new job at 9am today. i know how wisewood feels im so bored. been sat here 2 hours nothing to do (except reboot linux webserver after crashing it hehe).
hopefully they will give me something to do soon. thankgod theres no filtering on this connection :) (msn rulz)

wisewood
17-02-03, 11:07 AM
Welcome to the 24/7 Novaload club Dicko.
:lol:

If it werent for novaload i would have slashed my wrists by now.

Dicko
17-02-03, 11:21 AM
lol, i have a young very attractive female who shares my ofice along with 2 other people, her desk faces mine and im finding it very distracting. lol
but im not complaining :lol:

wisewood
17-02-03, 11:27 AM
lmfao - tell her Andy says hello ;)

Dicko
17-02-03, 12:07 PM
no chance ill be interegating her over dinner to check her marital status. searching servers atm for any info on her :)

wisewood
17-02-03, 12:13 PM
lmfao - good thinking mate... the under cover digging method always proves fruitful.

Have you not got access to her employment record or anything like her for she filled in when she started showing her marital status etc. ??

jkhilton
17-02-03, 12:35 PM
nice one bud, welcome to the world of IT support. :)

Tilly
17-02-03, 01:21 PM
ur all bloody lazy

Dicko
17-02-03, 02:00 PM
lazy....me...huh never :lol:

?Marty?
17-02-03, 02:09 PM
Ah, a job that slowly kills you? Bruises that won't heal? Bring down, the goverment, they don't, they don't speak for us.

:lol:

kevw
17-02-03, 02:11 PM
This is proof imthe only one that does any work lol

wisewood
17-02-03, 02:17 PM
lmfao - poor kev.
sits there working hard all day long talking complete nonesense with me via email some of the time :lol:

SCHMIT!!!

(kev knows what i mean)

kevw
17-02-03, 02:29 PM
lmfao.

?Marty?
17-02-03, 02:31 PM
I only just got up! :lol:

I'm a restaurant manager, so i don't work till in th evening. When i get paid to flirt with the waitresses (haven't got any male waiters, funny that!? :lol: ) and the staff, have the chef cook me something to eat and then have a few free drinks at the end of the night. Marvellous! :D

Apart from having to work evenings and weekends. :(
(Which is why i think i'll go get another job, just as soon as i see something i like).

kevw
17-02-03, 02:35 PM
An ex of mine used to do restaurant/bar work. was well crap, I worked in the day, she worked the night. hardly saw each other.

?Marty?
17-02-03, 02:45 PM
I know what you mean Kev.

I have the days off, but that's when everyone else is working/at college.

I get people to come in and see me at work though, so it's not that bad. Except EVERYONE expects a free meal and stuff!

I split up with my (now) ex as we hardly ever saw each other, and then she got really insecure and started thinking i was cheating on her (i wasn't but her friends decided to tell her i was, nice that eh? since i never even met them - or ever saw the girl i was supposed to be cheated with outside of work!). We were together for a year and she basically said she didn't trust me, though i gave her NO reason not to. So we had to split up - no relationship without trust. Even though she did look damn good naked!

(But so do i! :lol: )

Ben (lurk75)
17-02-03, 03:05 PM
I only just got up! :lol:

I'm a restaurant manager, so i don't work till in th evening. have the chef cook me something to eat and then have a few free drinks at the end of the night. Marvellous! :D

LMAO a big mac and Sprite :lol: :lol:

lol at dicko searching the records for info on nice girl, reminds me when i met my misses (she worked in hotel as well) i went through her application form and droppen into conversation what my intrests were and wow they were exactly the same :lol: also got her phone number too.

been nearly 4 years now so it worked :!:

wisewood
17-02-03, 03:08 PM
lmfao@you lot and your covert operations.

?Marty?
17-02-03, 03:31 PM
The lengths some guys go to to get the girl! Bordering on obsession and stalking! :lol:

LMAO a big mac and Sprite

:lol: :lol:

Yea, i get 'the chef' to flip the burgers and fry me some chips. Before i go and wipe the tables and empty the bins :lol:

I do work in a proper restaurant really. Which is strange coz i have a law degree! Wasn't that worthwhile, before i decided the law sucks big-time.

wisewood
17-02-03, 03:47 PM
lmfao - has a law degree, claims he manages a proper restaurant... actually empties bins at maccy D :lol:

Alex
17-02-03, 05:20 PM
Marty out of all the people on this site, you would be the last person who i would have thought would have a law degree :lol:

Ben (lurk75)
17-02-03, 05:28 PM
makes perfect sense to me, he can always back up any argument, seems intelligent and quite offensive (normally) so probably just letting some stress out. The signs are all there!

Fester
17-02-03, 06:17 PM
FAO IT support people

its like pissing yourself with dark trousers on

you get a nice warm feeling but no one else fuckin notices

and i am WELL busy. SCSI card just fucked up, had to plug the DAT drive into one of the internal slots with the case of the server off :? but the cable is too heavy and pulling the card out of the PCI slot so i sellotaped the cable in position and cradled it with a spare crossover cable taped to the top of the machine

welcome to the domain

locky
17-02-03, 09:06 PM
Just done a 12 hr shift, iv been bizy all day :( no internet access either like some of u! just get my mits dirty all day
I can put ?1 million that il get dirty 2moro! (and not the horny dirty b4 ne1 starts!)