PDA

View Full Version : Bottom Pully

Cle
12-07-09, 02:30 PM
Whats the easiest way to get it of ?? ive been trying but its just spinning the engine, The cam pully is off and the altenator belt is of but i need to get the bottom pully off to get the plastic cover off.

Anyone can help ???

Thanks
Rep included if i can lol

Cle
12-07-09, 02:34 PM
Quick reply would be perfect as it looks like it could rain soon

AlexW
12-07-09, 03:22 PM
Air gun.

paul james
12-07-09, 03:26 PM
put in high gear/have front wheels on the ground

Cle
12-07-09, 03:37 PM
So i couldnt do it when the front is on axle stands ? or with a normal wrachet

paul james
12-07-09, 03:40 PM
A normal wrachet is fine, but without any resistance you'll just keep turning the engine. You can either wedge something against the pulley to stop it moving, or more easily just drop the car on its front wheels and take it off.

Cle
12-07-09, 03:42 PM
A normal wrachet is fine, but without any resistance you'll just keep turning the engine. You can either wedge something against the pulley to stop it moving, or more easily just drop the car on its front wheels and take it off.

Cool thanks :thumb: Ill just have to wait as the scottish weather had caught up with me lol

Annie
12-07-09, 10:11 PM
Cant you take the flywheel cover off & wedge a screwdriver in there, I swear thats what my bf did.??

let_nova
12-07-09, 10:18 PM
on axle stands put it in 1st gear and get someone to stand on the brakes. and then do it. remember that if you press brakes the first time keep it dowm or you wont get as much pressure the next pump. unless you can start it that is

Nobby
12-07-09, 11:18 PM
Cant you take the flywheel cover off & wedge a screwdriver in there, I swear thats what my bf did.??

:thumb:

Joe Richardson
12-07-09, 11:31 PM

yep this is the best way,This is how i did it when a changed the cambelt on my SR earlier this year:thumb:

AlexW
12-07-09, 11:46 PM
on axle stands put it in 1st gear and get someone to stand on the brakes. and then do it. remember that if you press brakes the first time keep it dowm or you wont get as much pressure the next pump. unless you can start it that is

How i did mine.

jimbob-mcgrew
13-07-09, 02:51 PM
bloody bunch of cowboys.....

jimbob-mcgrew
13-07-09, 02:51 PM
yeh thas how i did mine too lol