PDA

View Full Version : just unseized my xe??

Nobby
12-07-09, 12:01 PM
right i bought my lastest nova with a xe had been running before being trial fitted in the nova but sat there since then in a dry garage. I went to turn it over by hand with the engine removed and nothing so i put some oil down the bores before bed last night and first thing this morning after a very little bit of persuasion it freed off and is now spinning over like a good en! Now will i see any problems?? has anyone done this before and there engines been fine?? Just need to know if it will be ok lol i know i wont really tell until i put it in but at the moment i dont really have the funds to rebuild it and would like to give it a try! But if i "have" to rebuild it i will lol

AlexW
12-07-09, 12:04 PM
My old 1.2 seized due to water in the fuel, so with that down the bores it all locked up, plus it had been sat for 6months.

I just put some WD40 down the bores, and when it started there was no problems, it ran on for a good 3000 miles before i ripped it out.

You may have to re-oil the lifters though. As they may be stuck.

Nobby
12-07-09, 12:20 PM
My old 1.2 seized due to water in the fuel, so with that down the bores it all locked up, plus it had been sat for 6months.

I just put some WD40 down the bores, and when it started there was no problems, it ran on for a good 3000 miles before i ripped it out.

You may have to re-oil the lifters though. As they may be stuck.

cheers for that mate i hope it will be ok lol

AlexW
12-07-09, 01:34 PM
Just check the oil etc and think about changing it before you start, and try not to rev it too much when its first woken up from its long sleep.

paddy138
12-07-09, 02:13 PM
i would definitly change the oil before starting, i would then start it and when its good and warm change the oil and filter, this way you know your engine will be fresh oil the whole way through

Nobby
12-07-09, 05:51 PM
will do boys! :D

Adam*D
13-07-09, 11:29 AM
might be worth disconnecting the fuel pump relay and spinning it over on the starter motor for a bit to get all your new oil round the engine.

Nobby
13-07-09, 10:04 PM
might be worth disconnecting the fuel pump relay and spinning it over on the starter motor for a bit to get all your new oil round the engine.

will do mate :)

craig green
13-07-09, 11:26 PM
I'd expect it to feel a bit gutless for a while, but just kick its ars e & run it back in. I had an Xe that ran upside down for a few minutes after I rolled the car. The engine just felt off for a bit when I put it in another shell, but sorted itself out.

MK999
13-07-09, 11:44 PM
I'd expect it to feel a bit gutless for a while, but just kick its ars e & run it back in. I had an Xe that ran upside down for a few minutes after I rolled the car. The engine just felt off for a bit when I put it in another shell, but sorted itself out.

Slightly off topic, but good effort lol Hadn't heard about that before now