PDA

View Full Version : Distributor Problems

Leeboo
11-07-09, 01:46 AM
Ok this keeps deleting itself as I type it.... so to cut short... my 1.2 carb Nova lost all throttle tonight while driving, thought I ran out of petrol, but it turned out that I had suddenly lost spark. Turned out that the big centre point in the rotor arm and centre point in dis cap were wrecked... bit burnt, maybe IIRC a bit worn or mangled. I have the spare parts to fix it, but I want to know what might have caused it? I was thinking timing, but I got that set a month ago with timing light after I changed head gasket. Cheers

jimbob-mcgrew
11-07-09, 01:29 PM
the coil does shoot 40-60 odd thousand volts thru that lil pin on the cap, so its understandable if it gets razzled lol

maybe just knakered parts or an enthusiastic coil ?

Leeboo
11-07-09, 03:36 PM
Perhaps you are right.... when I was changing the rotor arm and cap today... I noticed that the bit of metal in the centre of the rotor arm has completely gone, just a small bit of metal on the outside of the rotor arm remains. And theres a crater where the centre bit of metal used to be! So yes it got well and truely razzled, perhaps this is normal but it looks like a nuclear bomb went off inside the dis cap lol.

All good now after being changed tho

jimbob-mcgrew
11-07-09, 05:42 PM
coroners report : "nuclear bombs gone off inside the dizzy cap" lol

yayoboy
11-07-09, 11:31 PM
as said m8 just wear and tear