PDA

View Full Version : what would i need . . .

JordyzNova
10-07-09, 10:47 PM
as above to convert my 1ltr nova to a 1.4 or 1.3 engine 8v :confused:

jimbob-mcgrew
11-07-09, 01:36 PM
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=125499
^ that'll answer all your questions mate

AlexW
11-07-09, 01:52 PM
Why The **** Cant People Search! Or Just Look Through The Last Few Threads!

Nobby
11-07-09, 10:46 PM
^^^ cheers for the help mate!!! ^^^ T W A T!!

mowgli
11-07-09, 10:51 PM
^^^ cheers for the help mate!!! ^^^ T W A T!!

considering it has been covered about 5000 times since i started on the forum, it does get a bit annoying that there is a search option....

simply remove the engine , box and cooling & fuel systems, ie. everything except the driveshafts...

fit new ones...

sort out the clear coloured coil wire by snipping it at the ign barrel & running a new, normal wire in.

tax it and off you go.

it is possible to do one on your own in an afternoon. as i did with a gte conversion.

yayoboy
11-07-09, 10:58 PM
lighten up, thats what the forums for, to help each other out, every1 has been in the situation where they have been desperate for help, not every1 is a nova/vaux god. i agree the search button is there but try it, you can literally trawl for hours trying to find something applicable! if you dont wanna help, dont post!

yayoboy
11-07-09, 11:13 PM
btw its basically how mowgli says iv done a couple it aint hard m8 if u need any help let me or nobby now im sure we can help :)

danbarrett7
12-07-09, 06:06 AM
lighten up, thats what the forums for, to help each other out, every1 has been in the situation where they have been desperate for help, not every1 is a nova/vaux god. i agree the search button is there but try it, you can literally trawl for hours trying to find something applicable! if you dont wanna help, dont post!ya know im glad someone said this because i tried months ago with no pravail and pretty much got the same slavver from said 'grumpy folk' and i havent sorted my problems out for fear of asking and getting shot down again. and yes i tried the search option and that just about finished me off too.............

mowgli
12-07-09, 09:07 AM
We will willingly give out information on stuff we've done, but we need info first. like exactly which engine is going in.... and what age & modle the car is.

mk1 and mk2 novas have lots of little differences & need different answers..

mowgli
12-07-09, 09:08 AM
ya know im glad someone said this because i tried months ago with no pravail and pretty much got the same slavver from said 'grumpy folk' and i havent sorted my problems out for fear of asking and getting shot down again. and yes i tried the search option and that just about finished me off too.............

i've just used the search option, and you wanted to fit a gte lump to a 1.0, then binned the injection to fit a dizzy & twin 40's. what trouble are you having????

the trouble with wiring an engine is that a complete beginner should not be trying to do it & then quite often it needs a bit of improvisation. & also it doesn't always come over too well in a written format...

but if you have a bunch of wires & a haynes diagram, you can work backwards to decide what is needed

danbarrett7
12-07-09, 10:01 AM
i've just used the search option, and you wanted to fit a gte lump to a 1.0, then binned the injection to fit a dizzy & twin 40's. what trouble are you having????

the trouble with wiring an engine is that a complete beginner should not be trying to do it & then quite often it needs a bit of improvisation. & also it doesn't always come over too well in a written format...

but if you have a bunch of wires & a haynes diagram, you can work backwards to decide what is needed i was originaly just reshelling my gsi wich was rotten and got the 1ltr beast cheap and was shocked at how mint the shell was iv basicly swapped everything over apart from the wiring because that was cut to bits and had been botched up over and over again so thought the best idea would be a set of 40s thus not having to mess about putting ecu in.. and as i thought not as easy as suggested so what i have is...... mk2 shell with original 1ltr wires a mk2 1.6i lump g/box an all the gubbins all fitted and ready to go. but then i was informed that dizzy would not work as it is ecu controlled. all i need to know is what the hell (easy option) can i do?????? and sorry if i seemed snotty before just getting frustrated as i have a mint car sat doing nothing

yayoboy
12-07-09, 10:11 AM
iirc dont you need some cav 1.6 loom? Or is that just on the xe? Someone should be able 2 confirm

AlexW
12-07-09, 11:10 AM
cav 1.6 is big block stuff.

Im sure ive answerd this before, you need Nova 1.4 SR setup, Coil, dizzy, ign modual and the wiring.

Oh and ive used search many times without fault, But the main thing is, theres a thread under 10lines down that askes the same, Yes its not in the title but its 1.0 in the title, surly it would have made sence to check it!