PDA

View Full Version : points and license?

L33 LEG
10-07-09, 05:22 PM
a few months ago i got caught speeding and was offered a speeding awareness course. i didnt realise you had to send it back within 14 days and not the usual 28days so i sent my payment off late. i got a letter a few weeks ago saying that basically they recieved the letter too late and that i need to send my license off and pay the £60 fine and 3 points.

there is no form to send back or anything so i dont know what to send off and what to include with it. i thought id just ignore it until i get a proper letter sent from the courts.

however just reading CS and theres a question about something similar and the guy has lost his licence for not paying speeding fines. am i in the sh1t now? lol :( theres an address to send it to but what form do i include? theres nothing with it

ps. the letter is from the county council and is from the actual awareness course. should i not have one from the courts or somebody else with a payment slip at the bottom?

L14MNP
10-07-09, 05:28 PM
PMSL. You lazy bum! I tried to avoid my final fine payment after I was banned from speeding and they wouldn't let me. I'm beginning to think the DVLA/courts aren't very nice people.

Ring the DVLA IMO dude.

L33 LEG
10-07-09, 05:29 PM
theres a number with this letter, will it be worth ringing that first? iv just read i need to oay within 7 days from that letter, its been a few weeks Lol. is it worth saying i was on holiday or something and just got the letter? lol

draper
10-07-09, 05:30 PM
send it to me and ill sort it all for you :d

you wont lose your license but not paying up on time does result in extra costs being added on

L33 LEG
10-07-09, 05:32 PM
i best not loose my license lol the awareness centre is closed. is it to do with dvla now or the courts? the letter says its been passed onto the court, or will be. so what would i say to the dvla?

L14MNP
10-07-09, 05:39 PM
That's sh!t like man. I'd say you never received the letter at all, ring them up asking when said letter should arrive. Claim issues with getting your mail all the time.

Sometimes works. If it's that important and with those kind of repercussions they should send recorded IMO.

L33 LEG
10-07-09, 05:40 PM
i cant see how i can send my license and a fine to the courts without a letter or payslip to send off with it. iv got the dvla number but i dont see what its to do with them. and the courts will probably be closed now till monday