PDA

View Full Version : Nova doners

Tidy Max
10-07-09, 08:17 AM
Where i am there are pretty much no novas in scrap yards, its once every blue moon when one turns up really, so i was just wondering what other vauxhalls have the same parts as novas?

As im going to be after parts but not sure what cars to go looking in!

let_nova
10-07-09, 08:22 AM
depends what parts you need? corsa shares many things with the nova like hubs, suspension things like that.

what you after?

MattBrown
10-07-09, 08:35 AM
depends what parts you need? corsa shares many things with the nova like hubs, suspension things like that.

what you after?

Hubs are the same??????

Are they????
:wtf: :wtf:

let_nova
10-07-09, 08:39 AM
hub carriers yes. i run corsa hub carriers,track rod ends and ball joints on my nova always have done.

Tidy Max
10-07-09, 08:51 AM
just things like water pipes, expansion tanks, ignition thingies (the part that runs to your dizzy cap lol)

mine all work but just look shagged, rusty etc, the expansion tank is a brilliant shade of turd haha, after newer nice parts basically!

Novasport
10-07-09, 08:59 AM
Put the expansion tank in the dishwasher, just dont let yer mum/wife* catch you! Not much is interchangeable, just a few basic engine bits etc but you can make anything fit if you try.

*Delete as appropriate.

Tidy Max
10-07-09, 09:04 AM
haha no dishwasher mate, well i do, but shes called dee/martine*

*Delete as appropriate

lol

Tidy Max
12-07-09, 04:49 PM
what about exhausts? been reading the tuning 1.2spi 8v article and it mentions upgrading the exhaust system to that of one of the injection models, were the astra exhausts the same? or any other vauxs?

Rich
12-07-09, 06:01 PM
Astra is completly different, corsa i dont know