PDA

View Full Version : GTE bumpers

crashbandicout
16-02-03, 06:59 PM
ive just ordered a full GTE kit for my standard 1.2 nova sting, will the front bumper just fit on like the old shitty small one or will i need new bars or owt

monkey
16-02-03, 07:05 PM
Take the old bar off the old bumper.

I had the GSI kit to fit the 1.2 i had a few years ago.

They dont fit eactly and you will need to modify bits. On mine i had to elongate the holes for the brackets. you may also need new rubbers for the sides to clip into.

The bar does fit the bumpers just might need a bit of modding. My clips snapped and i used a mini blowtorch to melt the plastic around the bar. The thing didnt move a mm and it was stronger then anyone elses i had ever seen.

Be prepaired for a lot of swearing if your doing it yourself.

Ben (lurk75)
16-02-03, 07:30 PM
Monkey that sounds like you were putting the GSi kit on a MK1 nova, whereas Shane is putting a GTE bumpers on a MK1 they should go straight onto the original bars.

mikeoxford
16-02-03, 08:48 PM
Monkey that sounds like you were putting the GSi kit on a MK1 nova, whereas Shane is putting a GTE bumpers on a MK1 they should go straight onto the original bars.

bens right..........

mk1 parts onto a mk1? doddle

you will find monkey that what you should of done is where the brackets stick out the back of the bnumper, if u replace them for mk1 or mk2 vice versa they are difrent lenghts, no need to goto agro of cutting elongated holes in your chassis........

ney mind tho whats done is done - u just went the long way round ;)