PDA

View Full Version : Heavy throttle + no response!

locky
16-02-03, 04:02 PM
The accelerator when i put my foot 2 it is very stiff! iv had to buy a brand new cable 4 the conversion, are the springs in need of bedding in a bit?
Also, (this could be part of the same prob) throttle response is rubbish i think i may be underfuelling as i didnt change the tank 2 a GTE/GSI tank, just put a pump in line! ive been quoted ?30 for the parts inside the GTE?GSI tank to be welded into my 5 door tank!
Will this solve the probs?
While im at it, there is the black card behind the radiator and in front of the air inlet it looks as though not alot of air can get thru!
Thanx in hand

Austin_Nova16
16-02-03, 05:19 PM
You've found someone whoes going to weld your used tank? Rather him than me :lol: :lol:

I just binned that plastic, as is wasn't doing much and was stopping air getting through.

Ben (lurk75)
16-02-03, 05:22 PM
You've found someone whoes going to weld your used tank? Rather him than me :lol: :lol:

I was about to put the same thing, ask him to remove it and take it a looooong way from your car when he does the welding or double check your insurance covers you for fire :P

locky
16-02-03, 06:00 PM
Im gettin a tank from the scrappys, and i got a GTE?GSI tank already, so il giv them 2 him, and i can leave mine on ther 4 now! i gota wash out the fuel 4 him 4 obv reasons!
Will it solve many probs tho?
Thanx

Ben (lurk75)
16-02-03, 06:04 PM
have you put on the gsi/gte lines as the tanks wont matter if you havent.

locky
16-02-03, 08:23 PM
Yeah the lines are all in!

Ben (lurk75)
16-02-03, 08:26 PM
with the tank, Lines and pump it should be running fine (not considering other problems you might encounter. :roll:

mikeoxford
16-02-03, 08:36 PM
with regards to the plastic ive always wondered whats the purpose of it? is it to direct the cold air to the radiaotr and not around the edges of it?

ive been driving for three or four days without front bumper and because the lower half of rad is exposed you wouldnt believe the difference it made to running temp.

tay
19-02-03, 07:43 PM
you might have just solved the problem I've got with mine mate ! I put a GTE on twin 40's in my SR and left the SR fuel tank in there, and mine has always run sluggish with since I got it. Could it be the fuel tank thats the problem ????