PDA

View Full Version : clutch cable mod

tony k
09-07-09, 01:11 PM
hello peeps i was wondering what people have done with the clutch cable bracket on there xe/let,as the inlet manifold pushes the cable down,i was thinking of cutting the tube off it,the putting a spacer on the g/box bracket,any ideas of what other way or any pics

cheers

garethcolley
09-07-09, 01:18 PM
You bend it to one side i think.

garethcolley
09-07-09, 01:28 PM
Or even cut it off and weld it at an angle.

tony k
09-07-09, 01:29 PM
You bend it to one side i think.

ive heard of that,but not really like the idea of bending it tho:thumb:

tony k
09-07-09, 01:29 PM
was thinking of taking it off as its bolted on,an turning it,so it points to the left

Lee H
09-07-09, 03:59 PM
Think its spot welded on, not bolted on?

I've always just bent them so they point across and down towards the gearbox, done 20ish conversions like this with no problems.

tony k
09-07-09, 04:16 PM
Think its spot welded on, not bolted on?

I've always just bent them so they point across and down towards the gearbox, done 20ish conversions like this with no problems.

cheers mate will have ago at the weekend,or might cut it at a angle:thumb:

Lee H
09-07-09, 04:20 PM
Usually find something that fits perfectly and then use that to bend it otherwise its likely to end up oval.

I cut it on my car which was was the first conversion I ever did and thats been fine as well.

joff-turbo-nova
09-07-09, 04:22 PM
When I built my nova I welded a plate onto the back of the pedal box to hold the flange on the clutch cable which then does away with the plate on the bulkhead.

However just bending it towards the offside and downwards seems to work reasonable well also

Joff

tony k
10-07-09, 09:35 AM
thanks guys gonna have a go tomorrow,see how i get on