PDA

View Full Version : A Couple Of Weird Noises Need Sorted...

Evolution
16-02-03, 04:00 PM
There are a couple of noises coming from my car which are annoying and need them sorted.
When i get to 2000revs, wether its driving or just revved in neutral i hear a sort of grinding noise, well it sounds like a grinding noise but could just be a rattle, and couple of days ago i started hearing a squeaking noise, which gets faster the faster the car goes, so its obviously something that rotates. its really bugging, but i dont have a clue what they could be.
any suggestions?
Someone suggested the rattle could be the exhaust baffel/heat guard, but i dunno how to investigate into that, or how to sort it. so any advice on that would be appreciated.
garages are closed sunday around here and if possible would rather not go to a garage at all as i will no doubt be given some BS about something that isnt even broken, just so they can get some more cash off me, because as you can see, i dont know a great deal about mechanical parts of cars :cry:

monkey
16-02-03, 07:13 PM
Rattle: if its metalic then it could be the exhaust knocking, i have that on mine at the moment. Possibly be your grill - try checking that. Failing that remove everything from any side pockets and glove box and boot, check your door cards are attached properly (check the clips) and see if it does it then. Going to be a case of checking various bits, maybe with a mate in the car and illiminate various areas one at a time.

Squeaking: It could be your brakes rubbing or bearings on your wheels.

Or it could be a something as simple as a mouse with a blender in your boot.

Evolution
16-02-03, 07:27 PM
Damn those mice!

yeah im going to check things one by one and try and figure out the problem. but i probably wont manage it :wink:

Ben (lurk75)
16-02-03, 07:37 PM
i was going to say the bearings.

but if you want to check the baffles mine went and all i done was crawl underneath and knock the exhaust and it rattled and sounded shagged. (with the engine off).