PDA

View Full Version : what engine would this b

geordie_racer
16-02-03, 10:47 AM
hi a nova in my local scrappy has a jetronic fuelled engine in it could ne of u tell me wot engine mite b in it? i only want 2 no 2 find out if theres nethin i can take 4 my 1.2i

cheers
chris

locky
16-02-03, 12:16 PM
Well my lump is bosch jetronic E16SE (1.6 8v) im not sure if they done any other engines in jetronic! i dont think so!

geordie_racer
16-02-03, 01:39 PM
well it had a bosch sticker on the alternator so this could be good. wot engine is ur car from?

cheers
chris

locky
16-02-03, 02:49 PM
GTE i think its 89 have a look near the airbox, on the aluminium part, it should have a sticker on there saying bosch jetronic!
Dya no wer 2 find the engine number?
if not, its on the right hand side (lookin into the engine bay near the head, stamped on the engine block!
I think thats clear enuff! brain not in thinkin mode its a sunday lol!

mikeoxford
16-02-03, 08:57 PM
GTE i think its 89 have a look near the airbox, on the aluminium part, it should have a sticker on there saying bosch jetronic!
Dya no wer 2 find the engine number?
if not, its on the right hand side (lookin into the engine bay near the head, stamped on the engine block!
I think thats clear enuff! brain not in thinkin mode its a sunday lol!

lol even for a sunday mate your doin well!

as locky said, check the engine number on the front right next to the exhaust manifold.

commonly the first two numbers will tell you the CC and the next too tell u more about the engine

for instance mine started life as 14NV

dont know exactly but off the top of me head its 1.4 engine, nv is sommat to do with carburettor