PDA

View Full Version : Football...

onephatnova
15-02-03, 03:11 PM
Just been watching the game this afternoon (UTD vs ARSENAL)... :x

Probaby a contensious subject, i dont wanna cause any arguments, but...

Firstly, who does everyone support in here?

I have to say that we (UTD) did NOT deserve to win today, even tho we had more chances. I usually stick up for Giggs cause he can be fantastic, but he was dreadful today! And some of our passing was terrible, giving the ball away far too cheaply. :x Arsenal passed better and took their 2nd goal very well, but i have to say that some of their play-acting was appalling. Both teams were doing it to a degree, going down far too easily. But some of the Arsenal players seemed like they wanted 'oscars' more than FA cup winners medals. Going down like a ton of brick 2 or 3 seconds after a United player had made a challenge (Scholesy's pretend kick out for example). I'm not sure if it affected the result, but it did frustrait me. :x

i might be a little bias'd. i know Beckam and Ruud do it sometimes, but i dont like to see play acting by any team.

anyway that's just my view, slag me off if ya want...

wisewood
15-02-03, 03:14 PM
I have to say that we
We??? :lol: you part of the squad?

I didnt see the whole match, but i saw a replay of the scholes kicking thing and he didnt pretend to kick out at him, he kicked the ball into the guys nuts.

From what i saw though, you are right United didnt deserve to win it they were out played all over the place.

?Marty?
15-02-03, 03:16 PM
I can't stand football. I can't think of anything more boring! A bunch of men kicking the ball up and down the field for 90 minutes, and maybe it goes in the net once or twice. Wow.

And people who say that 'don't like football? pooftah, ef?' - i'm sorry, but i'm not the one who likes watching grown men in little shorts running around a filed hugging each other.

I prefer Basketball. But the NBA, rather than the Uk league (as that sucks too).

wisewood
15-02-03, 03:24 PM
You prefer your men to wear vests then marty? :lol:

onephatnova
15-02-03, 03:28 PM
I can't stand football... i'm not the one who likes watching grown men in little shorts... I prefer Basketball.

what kind of shorts do they wear in basketball?

wisewood
15-02-03, 03:31 PM
what kind of shorts do they wear in basketball?

knee length ones... with a matching vest.

onephatnova
15-02-03, 03:39 PM
wots the difference between big shorts and little shorts? :?

why is he looking at their shorts anyway?

Austin_Nova16
15-02-03, 05:07 PM
roflmao! :lol:

Basketball kicks ass! :)

?Marty?
15-02-03, 05:51 PM
In basketball they wear big, baggy shorts. In football they wear 'little' shorts. :lol:

And the vests are only 'vests' so there's more freedom of movement of the arms. Which is necessary.

Plus, basketball players are more fit and muscly. And taller. AND have bigger penises. Which i like, in a purely heterosexual way, of course. :lol:

Plus the game is more exciting. Oh, and they earn more money.

Take Michael Jordan for example, he was on 36 million per season, plus an extra 40 million per year from merchandising/sponsorship deals.

I have played and watched both sports, and have to say that basketball kicks ass in all respects!

Oh, and as for Becham being a 'style icon', he's just a copy cat! His diamond earring? Basketball players and Hip Hop artists (and thats what kind of music he listens to) have been wearing them for years before he even started playing football! And now he's wearing head bands and trying to look like he's got braids!?

Ben (lurk75)
15-02-03, 06:17 PM
Bristol city

RobIsGrt18
15-02-03, 06:25 PM
Northampton Town (N.A.T) , local team always watch um!

and of course..............THE MIGHTY WEST HAM UTD !!! (were staying up by the way lol)

Fester
15-02-03, 06:31 PM
let's all give Michael Jordan anal stimulation :P

Nova-Flair
15-02-03, 08:23 PM
newcastle united till i die

Jim
16-02-03, 11:08 AM
Anyway...

/me brings the post back on track ;)

I only saw the game for the first 35 mins or so (up until the point where the Arse scored there flukey first goal, and YES it was flukey)

I thought the first 10 mins of the match was both brilliant and appauling at the same time. So many rash challenges going in. I hope both Managers gave there teams a good b******ing at half time, especially Ferguson.

I couldn't believe it when Giggs missed his chance, I nearly cried. In fact I think a little tear actually rolled down my face when they did a replay of his attempt. :cry: I was saying to myself "that didn't just happen". I knew the Arse would scrore shortly after that, call it sods law :roll:

I didn't see the second half and I'm glad I didn't.

So much for the quadruple this year. I guess we'll have to go for the trebble instead ;) Oh, I'm a UTD fan incase any of you were wondering :P

Jim

wisewood
16-02-03, 12:57 PM
Nice to see another Man Utd fan following the global rule and supporting a team as far from where they live as possible Jim :lol:

Tazzy
16-02-03, 01:39 PM
well being a local lad, being a brummy, ive gotta support the local team, and as there is only one professional premiership football club in sunny brumingham, i support the almighty ASTON VILLA, and very proud!

Football isn't just a Global multi-billion pound business - It's a lifetime of the never ending Great War!

football is a game of strength, knowledege, pace, ability, style, determination, its a fine art, its about commitment and loyalty!

frillip
16-02-03, 05:06 PM
wey hey im a villa fan aswell i go the same college as mike andy incase u neva knew

Tazzy
16-02-03, 05:09 PM
lol, oh right, what col is that? i go to matty boulton!

frillip
16-02-03, 05:10 PM
ctc this a crap hole tho

?Marty?
16-02-03, 06:12 PM
Accrington Stanley.

Tazzy
16-02-03, 06:29 PM
matty boultn isnt the best, but apparently, the col has some sort of deal goin on with Villa, im not sure what though, i was told that the youth team from the club go their on their one day leave programme!

Jim
16-02-03, 07:19 PM
Nice to see another Man Utd fan following the global rule and supporting a team as far from where they live as possible Jim :lol:

For your information Wisewood, I am originally from Stockport, which is in the borough of Greater Manchester. Technically you could say I should support Stockport, but I happened to support Man Utd because of my older brothers influence when I was 5 years old.

Don't get me started Wisewood.

Jim

wisewood
16-02-03, 08:06 PM
:lol: sorry jim - had i known you were from up north i would have let you off :D

I suppose stockport is close enough to Manchester to justify it really :D

Sorry. :D

Ben (lurk75)
16-02-03, 08:12 PM
so that accounts for 1 man Utd fan with a real claim to be one, so where do the other million or so come from :o

frillip
16-02-03, 08:18 PM
lol 1 mill ure being fair aint ya dont u mean other 10mill

fuckin japs etc remember

Ben (lurk75)
16-02-03, 08:21 PM
There is a Man Utd Superstore in Bangkok. seen it in December.

Chris LR
17-02-03, 12:22 AM
Mighty Wolves do it again.

Superb Game, Streaker, Pies and 3-1. Bostin

novamark
17-02-03, 12:29 PM
I'm a spurs man, so i was supporting man utd, but arsenal were the better side and deserved the win.

Tazzy
22-02-03, 12:21 PM
LOL, its a known fact that the greater population in mankchester are city fans, all the others are glory hunters, my mate who i have known all my life is a glory hunter, but wont admit it, it claims that the school he went to, al thr kids were city fans, lol, what a load of rubbish, why would children support a club not even known at the time in birmingham?

oh yeah, and remember last season, and all those chinks and japs loving manure and brecks, and as soon as everton and another club come along with some sh*t hot players, the sinks and caps swap teams, glory hunters all over the world, most manure fans dont even come from mankchester, thats loyalty for ya!

(to the theme of glory glory!)
glory glory glory hunters
(i better not finish this...)

:lol:

RobHardyUK
22-02-03, 06:38 PM
Newcastle United

Chris LR
22-02-03, 06:41 PM
Wulverampton Wanderers!

Newcastle? Who are they? :)

Nova-Flair
22-02-03, 07:43 PM
as craig bellamy did a good job of pointing out they r the team in a higher league than u's :P

good result today against dirty leeds eh rob? go on dyer!

Chris LR
23-02-03, 12:39 AM
And I'd like to point out that even tho they're in a higher leauge than us, we still knocked them out of the cup.

Wolves

Tazzy
23-02-03, 12:51 PM
LOL, you dingles are gonna live on that forever now! :wink:

just like the pigs will live on the fact that they finally beat the almighty claret and blue army of VILLA!

but i gotta admit, i want thje wolves to come up this season, (id also prefer the albinos to stay up and the pigs to go down!) but cant have it everyway!

id like to see the wolves get one over on the pigs and newcastle again! lol

Nova-Flair
23-02-03, 01:27 PM
well we thought we would give u deprived wolves fans something to cheer about for the next couple of seasons :lol:

Tazzy
23-02-03, 03:30 PM
lol, much appreciated, see the dingles, albinos and pigs dont get out much, theyve never seen europe, as VILLA are the biggest in the whole of the Midlands, they get kinda a little bit p!ssed! :wink:

Pan@SW-CC
23-02-03, 04:23 PM
Swansea City...The Jacks are staying up!! (BTW...thanks for the 4-0 drubbing Hartlepool :oops: )