PDA

View Full Version : 11.7 sec astra mk2

Sloth
06-07-09, 02:10 AM
hi, i'd just like to let you all know, a good mates astra mk2 8v turbo ran a 11.7 on saturday at the pod. he did it with no nos and a leaking mani to turbo gasket. who needs a let???lol
http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp138/sloth_mk1_cav/pod407.jpg
http://i405.photobucket.com/albums/pp138/sloth_mk1_cav/pod404un.jpg

posted on behalf of jay and sam, and well done to sam for running a 11.5 in his tigra...

peester
06-07-09, 09:46 AM
no other non-let gen?
what is it 2.0 8v turbo?
like ol' issac hunt nova??

Rick Draper
06-07-09, 10:18 AM
he did it with no nos and a leaking mani to turbo gasket. who needs a let???lol

For a start Issac Hunt's nova was faster over 3 years ago iirc.

And Specky is faster on road legal tyres not slicks.

The Simps
06-07-09, 10:34 AM
For a start Issac Hunt's nova was faster over 3 years ago iirc.

And Specky is faster on road legal tyres not slicks.

Easy Rick! He's not saying its the fastest quarter ever! But is certainly a very respectable time. Looks like its a purposefull weapon too!

craig green
06-07-09, 10:40 AM
Easy Rick! He's not saying its the fastest quarter ever! But is certainly a very respectable time. Looks like its a purposefull weapon too!

Amen. :roll:

corsa-xe1
06-07-09, 10:48 AM
why put this up sloth, its nothing to do with you!

and a good mate, you didnt even show up!

Rick Draper
06-07-09, 11:54 AM
why put this up sloth, its nothing to do with you!

and a good mate, you didnt even show up!

PMSL OWNED lol

I am not saying its not a good achievement, just that it is not as fast as a car that was conceived over 3+ years ago and has long since been broken up.

Sure there is more to come from it with time.

Sloth
06-07-09, 04:02 PM
corsa, i didnt show because of being let down by someone else. i would have been there otherwise, where the fook where you? ive known jay for 3 years mate, i was on v-e well before you. rick, i said astra mk2, not tigra.... isaac hunts ran a 11.3, on gas. this was no gas he will be in the 10's by the end of the year. yer its on slicks but as stated on mig, the aim of the game is to run the qtr as fast as poss. if that means using better components, fine. whats up rick, not a let?

michael squeak
06-07-09, 04:18 PM
8v :)

Hobbit
06-07-09, 04:29 PM
Sounds like Sloth and Mr Draper need to get a room, all this sexual tension going on...

Sloth
06-07-09, 04:48 PM
nope, i just spent 2hrs in bed....

its funny how he doesnt like anthing different...

Lee H
06-07-09, 04:48 PM
corsa, i didnt show because of being let down by someone else. i would have been there otherwise, where the fook where you? ive known jay for 3 years mate, i was on v-e well before you. rick, i said astra mk2, not tigra.... isaac hunts ran a 11.3, on gas. this was no gas he will be in the 10's by the end of the year. yer its on slicks but as stated on mig, the aim of the game is to run the qtr as fast as poss. if that means using better components, fine. whats up rick, not a let?

So if the Tigra runs up the strip faster than the Astra surely it's fulfilled the requirements of the game ie run the 1/4 as fast as possible? :confused:, he has just used better components ie a Tigra?

BIGS
06-07-09, 04:51 PM
Who gives a **** jezz. they are all fast cars with alot of money spent on them and all have my respect. Who really cares about what tyres ect they have really why bother

Sloth
06-07-09, 04:51 PM
my comment was relating to slicks vs road tyres. in tems of shells, id personally use a nova or corsa shell. the thing is, his brother has a very similar spec engine in a tigra and he ran a 11.5 with no gas on the same day.

Rick Draper
06-07-09, 04:54 PM
his brother has a very similar spec engine in a tigra and he ran a 11.5 with no gas on the same day.

So its still slower than a tigra running road legal tyres and a LET :roll: :roll:

BIGS
06-07-09, 04:55 PM
Yea i would rather put it in a nova thats just me. but im on about its another fast vauxhall in the uk with a very very respectable (sp) time and people still fault it. Should'nt we be happy that its one more fast vauxhall not ford

Sloth
06-07-09, 04:58 PM
yes, by .2 of a second, and that run was with a broken f20. given time (usc) these two lads will take the times from the cars you mention. and the thing is, he has 3k ish in the astras engine. whats in a 11 sec let? 9k? and theyre built on the guys drives. now thats gotta be worthy of respect.

let_nova
06-07-09, 04:58 PM
lol at this thread went off topic on post 3.

Sloth
06-07-09, 04:59 PM
and whats the big deal with road tyress? any racer worth hios salt knows theyre useless on the strip. and dont tell me you'd drive like that on the road.....

BIGS
06-07-09, 05:00 PM
lol at this thread went off topic on post 3.

Just how long till the gay talk comes out lol

Sloth
06-07-09, 05:00 PM
let, this went o.t when rick logged in. like SOD2 on mig... he just cant help himself.... :D

let_nova
06-07-09, 05:02 PM
http://i687.photobucket.com/albums/vv231/sarahwrightdesigns/CIMG6803.jpg

Sloth
06-07-09, 05:07 PM
oooooh can i have the flower one?

BIGS
06-07-09, 05:09 PM
The pic was taken from your room tho

Sloth
06-07-09, 05:13 PM
my room or his? the wallpaper doesnt look familiar... anyway back o.t, imho its the fastest mk2 astra in the uk.

Novaboi_1991
06-07-09, 05:15 PM
http://library.thinkquest.org/04apr/00328/jerry-springer.jpg

JERRY, JERRY, JERRY!

Jack
06-07-09, 05:16 PM
the fastest mk2 astra in the uk.
Thats like finding out you've won the lottery only to then discover your winnings are 50p lol

I'm not a fan of Mk2 astras as you can tell :p

BIGS
06-07-09, 05:16 PM
my room or his? the wallpaper doesnt look familiar... anyway back o.t, imho its the fastest mk2 astra in the uk.

Nope your wrong. rob with the white mark two astra is the uks fastest mark 2 astra. 170 something mph

Sloth
06-07-09, 05:24 PM
bigs, id think if you let this one run to top speed it would be as fast...

corsa-xe1
06-07-09, 05:26 PM
lol i didnt mean to have a go sloth, its just i knew it would end up like this!

same as it did on mig!

Lee H
anyway back o.t, imho its the fastest mk2 astra in the uk.

I don't recall anyone disputing that fact. The car is a fast car and very impressive, don't recall anyone saying otherwise.

However you seem to deliberately go out to try and provoke an arguement with your "anti LET" comments all over the forum and you will always get one. Also it seems a bit silly to say "who needs a LET" until the LET's time has actually been beaten :roll:

BIGS
Yea maybe but it hasnt so it cant be the "fastest mk2 astra in the uk" :p

corsa-xe1
06-07-09, 05:28 PM
the 11.3 was set but a 8v turbo :)

Lee H
06-07-09, 05:29 PM

Doesn't it run an F20 or is that the Tigra?

corsa-xe1
and jay in his yellow astra is now the fastest mk2 in the country!

corsa-xe1
f18 mate

Sloth
06-07-09, 05:30 PM
ok bigs, fastest 1/4 for a mk2 astra. lee, yer its proven but they've been turboing 8v's since before the let. i dont like the let engine, but i dont see why people cant see past the end of their nose that there are better alternatives. pound for pound the engine in that astra is better than a let anyday.

hc coupe
06-07-09, 05:31 PM
Well you have to take your hat off to the people that built this car because it is still an impressive feat none-the-less

Lee H
06-07-09, 05:31 PM
I might be wrong but don't think an F18 would have the gearing for 170mph would it?

Sloth
06-07-09, 05:33 PM
tigra runs an f20 that **** 5th, the astra runs a f18wr.

BIGS
06-07-09, 05:35 PM
See i find this funny it has a faster 1/4 mile time but the terminal speed isnt as fast. Robs finshed at 124.11 mph so in a way its still faster lol

ben doodar
06-07-09, 05:35 PM
At the end of the day the thing i think sloth was trying to get at, was its an 8v and a fast 1 at that! whats peoples problem??
yh theres going be faster stuff out there but there allways is going to be which if you ask me is all part of the competion.
also as its pritty unique im guessing its been self developed. + as sloth has pointed out, its been built on the guys driveway in some what of a tight budget. which is a very good acheivment if you ask me.

BIGS
06-07-09, 05:36 PM
^ I havent said it wasnt

Nobby
06-07-09, 05:49 PM
what the funk is all this crap?!?! why do people have to start their own little banter sessions when all the lad has done is said his mate has run a quick time in his astra?!?!? who gives a toss who has run quicker and who run what and that 3 years ago!?!? the lads run a quick time fair play thats it end of if you want to slag each other off do it over msn ffs!! RANT OVER!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

let_nova
06-07-09, 05:51 PM
/\/\/\/\/\/\ +1

Jonezy
06-07-09, 05:51 PM
Summed up exactly what I was going to say mate. Rep'd!

Count Vaux Alot
06-07-09, 06:15 PM
I wondered where those wide steels i made were going :thumb: :thumb:

Rickyb
06-07-09, 07:20 PM
bring on the trumpets and sloth +rep for pis*ing rick draper off. enuf said
rick

Lee H
06-07-09, 07:37 PM
rick

Think you will find its spelt "enough" :thumb:

Hardly think Rick is pissed off either, just stating facts and sticking to the truth.

Rick Draper
06-07-09, 07:47 PM
rick

Crawl back under your stone child, i hope it falls on you.

I am saying that some one building a fast 2.0 8v aint exactly ground breaking as Isacc Hunt did it years ago. The fact he gave up on the 8v and was looking to build a LET spoke volumes IMHO.

Pound for pound i would argue Turbo Gavs LET is top value for monies, stock LET bottom end, home made manifold and a ebay turbo FTW. Will definitely be in the 11's on slicks when running right :roll:

Sloth
06-07-09, 07:56 PM
well done, by that time he'll be in the 10's. and how much has gavs let actually cost? and how long will it last? whats his bhp? i really think your underestimating these cars... oh and btw, change ya sig it makes you look silly......

michael squeak
06-07-09, 07:57 PM
funk me.. :eek: some words being told here

djbrowney
06-07-09, 07:59 PM
well done, by that time he'll be in the 10's. and how much has gavs let actually cost? and how long will it last? whats his bhp? i really think your underestimating these cars... oh and btw, change ya sig it makes you look silly......

about 1/4 the price they have spent on there 8v if that :thumb:

Rickyb
06-07-09, 07:59 PM
Crawl back under your stone child, i hope it falls on you.

haha shut up rick you retard your the child and your sour because your let failed and you think an 8v turbo would have been better

The fact he gave up on the 8v and was looking to build a LET spoke volumes IMHO.

looking to build has it been done has he beat his own record with it???

Pound for pound i would argue Turbo Gavs LET is top value for monies, stock LET bottom end, home made manifold and a ebay turbo FTW. Will definitely be in the 11's on slicks when:roll: running right
and once again your taking about someone elses car not yours because yours always fails.
rickyb

Rick Draper
06-07-09, 08:04 PM
haha shut up rick you retard your the child and your sour because your let failed and you think an 8v turbo would have been better

and once again your taking about someone elses car not yours because yours always fails.
rickyb

I agree, lets talk about your clearly high powered nova :roll: :roll: :roll:.

You seem to have some issue with me despite never meeting you. Maybe you are jealous, i really do not know.

O and learn how to punctuate your posts properly, even basic would do.

Rick Draper
06-07-09, 08:05 PM
oh and btw, change ya sig it makes you look silly......

It was not actually aimed at you, but it would seem you think it is. So therefore it will stay.

Lee H
06-07-09, 08:06 PM

rickyb

So big man, what car do you drive for you to be able to be critical about other peoples?

Isn't the thread starter and most people in this thread talking about other peoples cars? :confused:

If Rick thought an 8v would have been better i'm sure he would have built one by now :roll:

let_nova
06-07-09, 08:10 PM
http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/gg34/incanova/bollocks.jpg

michael squeak
06-07-09, 08:11 PM
come on lads this is getting way off topic now, why not just get mods to delete this thread and all get some sleep and wake up on the right side of the bed tomorrow. who cares whos got what and whos got that. the reason we come on here is to get info on how to better our cars and help each other out not give each other sh1t!! arguing over the net is just stupid!

Rickyb
06-07-09, 08:14 PM
well my 1.2 nova is clearly better than that nova that you dont own and as for having a problem with you its nothing personal i just dont like cocks and thats what you are.
and while your bothering with punctuation and ****e im out driving my nova other than building cars and then giving up like someone.

let_nova
06-07-09, 08:15 PM
arguing over the net is just stupid!

agreed lets set up a ring somewere and let them fight.:thumb:

michael squeak
06-07-09, 08:22 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2009/2/25/128800316088206626.jpg

Rick Draper
06-07-09, 08:22 PM
well my 1.2 nova is clearly better than that nova that you dont own and as for having a problem with you its nothing personal i just dont like cocks and thats what you are.
and while your bothering with punctuation and ****e im out driving my nova other than building cars and then giving up like someone.

I built my nova, it was finished, it went in the mag then it was broken for parts. The engine is going in a better car and things move on.

Go smoke around in your 1.2 popping flames from your flamer kit :thumb: .

let_nova
06-07-09, 08:23 PM
lol

Lee H
06-07-09, 08:25 PM
I built my nova, it was finished, it went in the mag then it was broken for parts. The engine is going in a better car and things move on.

Go smoke around in your 1.2 popping flames from your flamer kit :thumb: .

lol +rep Rick for p*ssing The Big Man off, nuf said :roll:

Rick Draper
06-07-09, 08:29 PM

init blud:cry: :cry:

Hobbit
06-07-09, 08:34 PM

Pull your tongue out of Ricks arsehole lol

Lee H
06-07-09, 08:42 PM

Sticking up for people you have known in person for a long time constitutes **** licking nowadays does it?

I assume you have your tongue in all your mates arseholes then? (probably do actually looking at your location)

Leeboo
06-07-09, 08:48 PM
Sticking up for people you have known in person for a long time constitutes **** licking nowadays does it?

I assume you have your tongue in all your mates arseholes then? (probably do actually looking at your location)

I hate seeing banter go to waste, unfortunately, it just did.

Argueing and fighting over the internet is bad craic, by the way. It is much harder in person.

Rickyb
06-07-09, 09:02 PM

haha have some rep.

and he hasnt pissed me off im just being the bigger man and leaving the faggot to dreaming about his crap old LET engine so good night all.
rick:thumb:

Lee H
06-07-09, 09:08 PM
I hate seeing banter go to waste, unfortunately, it just did.

Argueing and fighting over the internet is bad craic, by the way. It is much harder in person.

Maybe I took it the wrong way and it was meant as banter, but didn't seem like it to me.

There are a lot of personal insults in this thread and it seemed like this was as well, I agree my reaction may have been a bit harsh.

Rick Draper
06-07-09, 09:14 PM
and he hasnt pissed me off im just being the bigger man and leaving the faggot to dreaming about his crap old LET engine so good night all.

Yep my crap old let :roll: :roll: .

Hobbit
06-07-09, 09:17 PM
was ment as a bit of banter, hence the lol at the end.

Im big and ugly enough not to get offended when a bit comes back my way.

Did you know that plans for CSI Cornwall have been scrapped, as producers have realised there is no dental records and everyone shares the same DNA lol

Ben
06-07-09, 09:18 PM
Awesome read!

Lee H
06-07-09, 09:21 PM
was ment as a bit of banter, hence the lol at the end.

Im big and ugly enough not to get offended when a bit comes back my way.

Did you know that plans for CSI Cornwall have been scrapped, as producers have realised there is no dental records and everyone shares the same DNA lol

lol Fair play. You took it the way I should have taken your comment.

Pistol Pete
06-07-09, 09:24 PM
Blah blah blah.....awesome read though!

dan16v
Love it!

Count Vaux Alot
Awesome read!

Agreed lol lol

Graeme
06-07-09, 09:35 PM
Really entertaining thread, a bit like groundhog day though lol

Paul
06-07-09, 11:25 PM

No it wouldn't, unless he has solid lifters, Robs can do 170mph+ for 10 minutes if he wanted...

Jay
06-07-09, 11:34 PM
Rick you on about Specky's tigra, does it not have nitrous?

Jay.

Paul
06-07-09, 11:35 PM
Posted that when I got to page 3.

The 8V is an impressive machine, fast time, not so high terminal. Setup for 1/4miles with them slicks and wide wheels.

Not saying this is a nasty way at all, but If Rob put great slicks on his and set it up for 1/4miles, he would beat that IMO. His is set up for track use, and his 12.1@124 was done on the setup hes uses for track, nothing changed from what he would drive round Brands Hatch on for instance.

He hasnt beaten it yet, so as it stands the 8V is the fastest Mk2 down the 1/4 I know of! As I said though, he would not beat it top end.

Paul

PS: Awesome Read!

Rick Draper
06-07-09, 11:52 PM
Rick you on about Specky's tigra, does it not have nitrous?

Jay.

He is not running it at the min

Sloth
07-07-09, 11:35 AM
im not 100% on the spec but it invloves a t70 turbo and alot of undisclosed parts. he has killed numerous engines getting to this spec. he is using 660cc injectors that are running at full cycle, he is going to be running 1000cc ones soon. atm he is at 20psi of boost, and its capable of runing 30+ psi. then he has direct port nos, with 150 bhp jets. the rest of the engines internals are very secret, but not amazingly expensive. he conseravtively estimates power at 450bhp. thats on its current settings. paul, iirc it is on solids, and double valve springs. now its my birthday, and im off to cyprus tommorow, see ya next week....

Martin
07-07-09, 12:09 PM
Subscribed - Check
Popcorn - Check
Beer - Check

Im all set..

By the by, any1 can drive a car in a straight line FFS, get on a track, Same day/time/fuel/tires etc and race.. End of..

and USC = GAY run with the big boys at TOTB end of the month

Thankyou please..

Andy
07-07-09, 03:35 PM
Why does every thread turn into an arguament these days.
like a playground
Martin has the right idea,just sit back and lol

G8WCC
07-07-09, 04:09 PM
Subscribed - Check
Popcorn - Check
Beer - Check

Im all set..

By the by, any1 can drive a car in a straight line FFS, get on a track, Same day/time/fuel/tires etc and race.. End of..

and USC = GAY run with the big boys at TOTB end of the month

Thankyou please..

lmfao

he wouldnt be running 11.7 at totb as slick's arent allowed

however very impressive time's and it is the quickest mk2 in the country atm.
very well done.

a f18 would be lucky to reach 150 if you set your rev limiter at 10.000 rpm

Paul
07-07-09, 04:14 PM
By the by, any1 can drive a car in a straight line FFS

Its not as easy as that, this was Screamers first go on slicks, to knock 0.6 off is mighty impressive, he can obviosuly launch very well

Martin
07-07-09, 06:36 PM
Its not as easy as that, this was Screamers first go on slicks, to knock 0.6 off is mighty impressive, he can obviosuly launch very well

im not saying its easy peasy, but id rather have a car thats faster in the twistys then one thats only good for straight lines..

anyway.. looks like oves wasted this popcorn,, theres not been any argueing since i set up shop lol

brucer
07-07-09, 08:13 PM
i just had this same arguement with some kids down the local play ground, but still think my raleigh is quicker than theirs.:p

BIGS
07-07-09, 08:15 PM
i just had this same arguement with some kids down the local play ground, but still think my raleigh is quicker than theirs.:p

Dont be silly they had slicks

John
07-07-09, 08:23 PM
Ooooh, excellent thread, can't beleive it got to page 10 before i found it lol lol

dj_wudgey
07-07-09, 10:12 PM
astra looks mint!! and yea even if it had slicks on it was still a good time!!

The Simps
07-07-09, 10:14 PM
is this still going on?! Jees!

General Baxter
07-07-09, 10:21 PM
what your all for getting, turbo or N/A all big blocks are gay lol

BIGS
07-07-09, 11:02 PM
My sig says it all really lol

draper
08-07-09, 03:08 PM
mk1 nova FTW