PDA

View Full Version : E Bay Fraud :(

xxspudxx
05-07-09, 08:29 PM
Some lil prick managed to hack my ebay account and sold a 1989 Harley Davidson Trike, i didnt know anything about this until i had a bloke turn up my house yesterday, and another one today and then finally ebay emailed me saying a third party been using my account without authorisation.

From what i can guess when he was emailing the people he was making them reply to an external address and made them the 2 people pay outside of ebay.

Finally unlocked my ebay account to find i had 104 messages in my inbox people asking questions, makes you wonder how cheap he had it listed and how stupid people actually can be to fall for **** like this!!!!! :(

Pistol Pete
05-07-09, 09:43 PM
Erm, how the **** did the "buyer" manage to turn up at your house?

EDIT: account has your address on it i guess, duh lol Still, this is the first time i have heard of this happening.

Rich
05-07-09, 09:47 PM
Yeah ebay pisses me off, ive got £30 charges for selling somthing, the buyer never even contacted me after using the buy it now. Ebay dont refund it either, only give me credit so that i can get ripped off again!

Do you not get an email from ebay to tell you about listing/selling etc?

AlexW
05-07-09, 09:47 PM
Not the first time ive know this sort of thing to happen, A mate of mine had similar happen, but it was somone he used to know doing it, even took pics of my mates car and used them! Had about 5 people turn up to buy!

As long as ebay understand and refund all your monies and cancel any feedback :)

I hope the little scumbag is tracked down.

AlexW
05-07-09, 09:49 PM
Yeah ebay pisses me off, ive got £30 charges for selling somthing, the buyer never even contacted me after using the buy it now. Ebay dont refund it either, only give me credit so that i can get ripped off again!

Do you not get an email from ebay to tell you about listing/selling etc?

I had similar happen the other day, ebay refunded the final value fee, and i sent the buyer a nice email, saying that if he didnt pay me the listing fees i would come visit him. Later that day i recived my money.

Rich
05-07-09, 09:55 PM
I have no address or anything, complete timewaster. Was tickets to isle of white festival litterally a week before the festival started too!

Lynsey
06-07-09, 11:58 AM
Mine got hacked a while back too. I was so pissed off.

amz
06-07-09, 12:12 PM
My boyfriend has had 3 alerts from ebay saying someone else is logging into his account.

craig green
06-07-09, 03:19 PM
ebay really does suck from a sellers perspective.

My last encounter involved Paypal withholding some funds I was due (80quid) but yet ebay wanted their fee... Coonts!

I won't be selling anything for a while tbh.

Jack
06-07-09, 03:24 PM
Had my ebay account nobbled once, back in the day. Luckily I spotted a "you have a question about item number xyz" email, which I thought was odd as I knew I had nothing up for sale at the time.

Logged in, removed the item, changed my ebay and paypal passwords, ran a bunch of virus checks and haven't had a problem since.

Mind you I spent a couple weeks using character map to enter my password into ebay, just in case lol