PDA

View Full Version : digi dash probs

Andrew V
15-02-03, 10:34 AM
Hello people! Went out this morning to get a digi dash from the scrappy. Got the dash but couldn't find the road speed sensor that the guide at www.nova-land.com says I need to get
Where is it?!

pete22
15-02-03, 11:38 AM
its on the gearbox near the back it will have two wires going to it it just screws off and cut the wire as long as possible

Evolution
16-02-03, 02:34 PM
Hello people! Went out this morning to get a digi dash from the scrappy. Got the dash but couldn't find the road speed sensor that the guide at www.nova-land.com says I need to get
Where is it?!

You lucky bugger! imagine finding a digi dash at the scrappy. how much did they skin you for it, or was it a "stuff it under the t-shirt" job??

When i go to scrap yards for something i usually take anything around the thing im after, like a few screws here, a few wires there, just to make sure i have more than enough of what im supposed to get.

mikeoxford
16-02-03, 09:00 PM
Where is it?!

You lucky bugger! imagine finding a digi dash at the scrappy. how much did they skin you for it, or was it a "stuff it under the t-shirt" job??

When i go to scrap yards for something i usually take anything around the thing im after, like a few screws here, a few wires there, just to make sure i have more than enough of what im supposed to get.

ahhhhhhhh them were the days

a heated seat pad stuffed down each leg of tracksuit bottoms for fear of paying for a complete seat :lol:

email us if u want and ill send you a close up of the sender.........?

mikeoxford
16-02-03, 09:03 PM
http://www.mikeoxford.boyracer.net/project/progress/dash5.jpg

heres a pic of the unit itself.

i have got a pic of it on the gearbox but obviously it wont help you 100% as you need to find it on an astra not a nova. although i guess itll be relatively same place

Andrew V
16-02-03, 10:42 PM
cheers I've done it now!

Stuffing things up my shirt?! Never! Actually I did take a dash bulb :?

I'm sure I didn't have the right colour wires in my dash?! Somehow got it working though? lol

I wasn't actually looking for a digi dash I was trying to find a drivers side wing mirror, been looking for ages but I still can't find one! I just saw a gte and checked to see if it was still there. It was so I bought it! Paid ?35 for it. But forgot the speed sender so I had to go back and pay another ?10 for that this morning. Didn't think that was too much but having said that I haven't got a clue how much they should cost.

Bit of a tight fit aren't they? I couldn't really push the 'legs' out dunno what I'm doing wrong there, any tips?

mikeoxford
16-02-03, 11:00 PM
you ent paid a bad price if its all in and workin mate

probly would have got a fiver off or summat if u had bught the two together.

as for the legs which ones u on about?

if you mean the white ones on the bottom of the dash unit itself they have to be chopped off

Andrew V
16-02-03, 11:14 PM
yeah sorry cut the white legs off. just the metal bits either side of the dash getting in the way. think I've bent the other metal bits too far as well! had to stop it got dark and I couldn't really see what I was doing!

Aragorn
16-02-03, 11:23 PM
if your on about the metal "tounges" either side i had to mash mine with a hammer and consequently snapped em off at the top before it would fit properly :/

TeddySRi
17-02-03, 09:15 AM
But there are 4 types of road sensor, better hope you have the right one because they are ?80 a throw at vauxhall, and they can not tell from the year of the astra which one it took so it will be hit and miss.

burgessovsalford
17-02-03, 10:48 AM
My mate got a mega bargain the other day from a scrappy, ?20 for the digi dash! But he also forgot the speed sensor, so went back & the bloke gave it him for a ?1!!! I thought i got mine for a bargain at ?40...

If the sensor you got is from the astra GTE he bought the digi dash from it will fit...

Andrew V
17-02-03, 05:37 PM
lol yeah transducer was from the same car I was aware of this problem. would be cheaper to get a whole new digi dash than transducer!

cheers lads 8)

mikeoxford
17-02-03, 11:49 PM
after having a didgidash, first in my old nova merit, and now in my nova SR, after a WHOLE 12 MONTHS

i have finally bought a two wire oil pressure sender from supernovas LMFAO

go and buy it!

so used to pi$$ me off having that top left guage read max all the time!

burgessovsalford
18-02-03, 03:42 PM
Im after one mike for my nova. How much did you pay for it mate? & was it an astra or nova oil sender?

whitey
18-02-03, 04:49 PM
They come from the 1.3 SR dont they!?

I need one, how much mike and whats link?

I think I know where it goes but not completely sure! Like behind driver side wheel when turned if you know what I mean?? But not sure!

Whites

mikeoxford
18-02-03, 07:07 PM
i got some VERY good photos on digicam whilst doing mine

writing a guide as we speak

the pressure senders should come on any OHC engine that is fitted to a sporty nova or astra

you will only find them on mk1 models as when they went to mk2 they removed the dials and but them with just lights for some reason

i got mine off a 1.4SR mk1 from supernovas

there number is 0121 558 8882 BUT they haven changed number and i ent got it wrote down, so ring this and note the new number down

their mob number is 07989 678157

ask for Haz - and tell them mike oxford sent you and hes the owner of nova-land hell know who i am

he gave me mine for a fiver

mikeoxford
18-02-03, 07:09 PM
basically if you put your wheels on full lock right, then loom underneath, it is JUST behind the alternator pulley.

if you follow the single wire back upwards towards the loom, i found that the extra wire was taped upto the wire used (if that makes sense?)

anyway im doing a guide as we speak as i got loadsa good photos this weekend of various things i bin doin.

it is easy anough, i managed to loose 1 teaspoon of oil - for some reason i couldnt get it to get in the thread quite properley, you need to get them dead square and at 90 degrees to the whole.

other than that if your quick enough swappin the two no probs :D

i was fortunate i already connected it up the digidash end lol without even thinking!

Nova Modder
19-02-03, 03:24 AM
well, i got my dash, mk2 cav visor and speed sender for a ?5 :lol:

but b4 i get it all in, i want to get my dash clocked back to the mileage of my nova...

the digidash reads bloody 121k

any suggestions??

well heres the stuff, and the dumb kat.. wouldent leave me alone
http://www.hyper.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/kat&dash.jpg

wisewood
19-02-03, 11:30 AM
well heres the stuff, and the dumb kat.. wouldent leave me alone

LMFAO - my cats tend to do that just when you want them outta teh way too :lol:

mikeoxford
19-02-03, 12:11 PM
your cat looks evil man!

mikeoxford
19-02-03, 12:12 PM
as for the dash etc u got a STEAL!

i notice your in westmids area?

whereabouts as i could help you either fit it or just do the mileage for you, i done 2 or 3 now and do them in like quater of the time of everyone else lol

it ent really that hard

add me to your msn or email me and ill talk you through the mileage, although it is dead simple

Nova Modder
19-02-03, 03:05 PM
great!!

im in west brom... right near the town center!

cause all this wiring crap scares me, all i know is i got a mk1 dash, so i gotta do some cutting ( **gulp** ) so i gotta see if my bro will lent me his dremel

ant a guide somewhere said i need a mk2 cavileer dash surround, so i got one :)

Nova Modder
19-02-03, 03:18 PM
Wahhhahaahah

just got myself a peco backbox!!

it cost me...

?6 !!! AHAHAH

i love stupid scrappies :p

mikeoxford
20-02-03, 12:29 AM
:roll: wish i knew where all these cheap scrappies are in west mids area!!!!!!!! :evil: :evil:

whitey
20-02-03, 11:40 AM
You dont need the cav surround, just use ur mk2 dash surround! Im gonna presume you have a Mk2 otherwise HASSLE! Use the guide at mikes nova-land or at ben copelands site, sorry cant remember the link.

www.nova-land.com

Nova Modder
20-02-03, 11:59 AM
i have a mk1 dash... hence me wanting to wait till i get my brothers dremel :/

n e 1 know any scrappies with novas that have a mk2 dash in them?

whitey
20-02-03, 03:05 PM
You will be lucky! Gold dust in a scrappy! Lucky to get what u got!

You are best off buying a MK2 dash off of someone from here!

Whites

burgessovsalford
20-02-03, 05:01 PM
IF you already got the Cav surounding you may aswell put it into the mk1 dash...

unless u want a mk2 dash going in anyway then u may aswell do it all at once. :wink:

mikeoxford
21-02-03, 12:51 AM
mk1..............do it son!

everyone who wants to go digi does the mk2 dash conversion.

lets see sommat different 8)