PDA

View Full Version : no drive from gearbox

saloon3
05-07-09, 12:35 PM
removed standard 1.0 nova 1988 engine and fitted a 1.3 sr engine with f13 gearbox , fitted the 1.0 drive shafts (have 1.2 shafts and they are the same) box selects all 5 gears , had them back out and checked circlips on cv joints which are all fine , refitted them still no drive , fitted the 1.2 drive shafts still no drive , removed inspection plate and checked clutch was working , its moving fine, when car is in gear there is very slight resistance but it does not turn engine over.. anyone any ideas ??? cheers

brainsnova
05-07-09, 12:50 PM
is the pin from the gearbox sticking through the clutch as i lost all the gears before and the circlip and torx bolt has came loose and the pin got pulled back.

yayoboy
05-07-09, 12:55 PM
take the diff plate off, might have a fooked diff....

saloon3
05-07-09, 01:00 PM
when i pull drive shaft out i can see a pin, should i see it or should i not ?

Rich
05-07-09, 04:05 PM
Are the shafts all the way in? Give them a good tap to make sure they are

garyc
05-07-09, 06:09 PM
as above, drop the diff cover, your planetry gears could have dropped out. I couldnt believe it when it happened to me. If so it will be a diff out job so you can get everything back in the right place.

You could also jack up both sides of the car, stick it in gear and spin a wheel if the diff is OK the other wheel will spin.

saloon3
07-07-09, 08:44 AM
schoolboy error!!! the car was jacked up and on axle stands , when i spun one wheel the other one turned, but did not turn engine when in gear, took it off stands and put it in gear and gave it a rock back and forth and engine turns ...my bad