PDA

View Full Version : bat sport rear bumper

mmollart
14-02-03, 11:51 PM
anyone know how to fit it? all i got in the box is a fiberglass mould (bumper) & two metal strips?????????????????? :roll:

?Marty?
15-02-03, 12:32 AM
Yeah, the metal strips should have a hole(s) drilled throught them and be fiberglassed onto the bumper, in the correct place to be bolted on to the rear bumper carriage.

mmollart
16-02-03, 02:11 PM
aaahhhh right. where do they go? anyone know?

?Marty?
16-02-03, 06:17 PM
You'll have to remove the rear bumper, and offer up the new one up to see. Not a one man job, neither.

Unless you use the old rear bumper as a guide, but it's more difficult to be accurate.

Ben (lurk75)
16-02-03, 06:32 PM
sounds like a lot of messing seeing they cost soo much.

Jim
16-02-03, 08:11 PM
sounds like a lot of messing seeing they cost soo much.

Isn't that the fun of modding though? :lol:

I'm not sure how the BAT bumper compares to the Novadose one for fitting, but I bought a Novadose one and I must admit I'm impressed with the fitting. They seem to have taken everything into consideration when designing the bumper.

The Novadose bumper is fairly straight forward to fit. I would have thought the BAT one wouldn't be too difficult to fit :?

Jim

Ben (lurk75)
16-02-03, 08:14 PM
that is what i would to belive but the way marty makes it sound it seems like an arse to fit.

?Marty?
16-02-03, 08:20 PM
Yeah, i have one of their front bumpers and it's an arse to fit. Plus it didn't arrive in as good condition as i would have expected for ?275 - there's quite big chips in it, and loads of rought patches.

The stuff i got from Kindgdom is absolutely top quality though, even if i did have to wait for months for them.

But i guess the quality of stuff like that depends from time to time, as they'll all be made individually.

I had a Carisma rear bumper (Fusion) and that was great quality and had all the fittings already on it, so just bolted straight on. And for only ?180.