PDA

View Full Version : After Respray!

Nova_Tek
14-02-03, 11:03 PM
Recently sprayed my car after done some bodywork on it! :?

Now its metalic paintwork so as you do I applied clear laquer:!:

The respray I have to say is good :) BUT :? how do you make the finish as shiny as the original paintwork :?: What I mean is that the laquer i sprayed isnt as shiny in finish as the rest of the car :(

Do I need to use some sort of wet n dry and if so what grade :?:

If anyone knows pls let me know so I can finish it off :!:

Thanx BIG TIME :lol:

v1nce
15-02-03, 12:04 PM
depends wot paint theve used. u can get some nasty reactions if u use the wrong paints 2gether. and id say its still a bit cold 2 b painting at home laquers will fog/frost in this weather

id say take it back 2 the place that did the paint and say ure not happy... will just need polishing or something.

Manta Mad
15-02-03, 09:33 PM
Vince is right about the paint fogging up in cold weather - Ok if U have a heated garage or use a hair dryer between coats (it works well :D )

I know what you mean about the laquer though, when you look down the panel from say behind or in front of the car, the new paint does not have the depth of the original. It is easy to fix though, get some cutting compound (T cut will do but its best to start of with something a bit coarser - I got a cutting compound from Halfords - it like a big yellow toothpaste tube and is slightly gritty)

Rub this into the new paint and onto the existing to blend in - might need to do this a couple of times, buff off, then use T cutt, buff off, then polish. Its hard work but comes up like original paint if you are patient.

You can use wet or dry paper 1200 grit minimum, sand over lightly with soapy water then do as above with compounds and polish but this tends to work best on solid paint - tends to score the laquer a bit.

mikeoxford
16-02-03, 09:08 PM
id say ask ade has he would tell you EXACTLY what u shud do but hes away with his missus methinks.

fair play :D :wink:

PM him for when he gets back