PDA

View Full Version : Euroquip Brake Line Help

skidmarkz
04-07-09, 07:06 PM
I am "Trying" to make up my Euroquip lines, has anyone done this before? can you give me some pointers please.

how tight do the fittings need to be when i go to tighten them up the line seems to try and twist way before it seems tight ?

:confused: help plz :confused:

MARTIN KELSON
04-07-09, 10:10 PM
They should have swivel ends so as not to 'twist' the hose when tightening.

Stick some pics up of what parts you have.

They are a tw*t to make.
What you making fuel or brake lines?

skidmarkz
04-07-09, 10:17 PM
martin,

Brake Lines,

from what i can tell only the female ends are swivel, the male are fixed :( i will have to order some female parts on monday.

im using Euroquip 600 Fittings, 10x1 Male Convex, my issue is i have a T piece at the rear, without a swivel in it i can only do up 1 end without twisting the pipe :(

MARTIN KELSON
04-07-09, 10:26 PM
Hi

Cant really see what the issue is.
You make the braded hose up off the car.
Screw the fixed end first to the 'T' peice and the whole hose will turn as you tighten it up.
Then the other end with the 'swivel' you tighten up last so the hose wont 'twist' as you put it.
As long as one of the ends is a swivel you should be ok

Martin

skidmarkz
04-07-09, 10:35 PM
Hi

Cant really see what the issue is.
You make the braded hose up off the car.
Screw the fixed end first to the 'T' peice and the whole hose will turn as you tighten it up.
Then the other end with the 'swivel' you tighten up last so the hose wont 'twist' as you put it.
As long as one of the ends is a swivel you should be ok

Martin

Exactly,

But i have no swivels, i need to get some all i have is male ends :(

So, i make the pipe up off the car, screw the first end into the T piece, then go to screw the other end into the caliper and twisty pipe as they are both Male ends.

im now having to buy a female end and a male to male coupler to get the swivel as i can not find any company that makes a male swivel :(

MARTIN KELSON
04-07-09, 10:40 PM
Caliper end why dont you use Banjo & bolt???
http://www.oldbritts.com/image/54_800116a.jpg

skidmarkz
04-07-09, 10:41 PM
Caliper end why dont you use Banjo & bolt???
http://www.oldbritts.com/image/54_800116a.jpg

Fronts Calipers i am, Rears need to come straight out to miss the spring.

MARTIN KELSON
04-07-09, 10:56 PM
Oh i see.

On mine i went from 'tee' piece inside car to a bulkhead fitting.
Then under car i had a fitting with 'male' end screwed in caliper, then your left with two male ends from the caliper & bulkhead fitting.
As the female that screw into them are 'swivels' you wont have a problem with the hose twisting.

However your doing yours, one of the ends MUST be a 'swivel' or you cant tighten without hose twisting which will be of no use.

Martin

skidmarkz
04-07-09, 10:58 PM
Oh i see.

On mine i went from 'tee' piece inside car to a bulkhead fitting.
Then under car i had a fitting with 'male' end screwed in caliper, then your left with two male ends from the caliper & bulkhead fitting.
As the female that screw into them are 'swivels' you wont have a problem with the hose twisting.

However your doing yours, one of the ends MUST be a 'swivel' or you cant tighten without hose twisting which will be of no use.

Martin

yup found that out today when i cant get no parts untill monday, fantastic eh!

skidmarkz
04-07-09, 11:02 PM
did you mount the bulkhead fitting in the same place the original caliper hoses changed ti copper pipe ?>

MARTIN KELSON
04-07-09, 11:11 PM
No all completely new, in new places.

Made all Goodridge stainless hoses from master cylinder to each caliper individually.

Horrible job making brake lines.
Try to find a local hydraulic hose company, if you buy all the Goodridge from them they may make them up for you at your specified lenghts.

Happy making, you will have some cut fingers at the end!!

skidmarkz
04-07-09, 11:15 PM
No all completely new, in new places.

Made all Goodridge stainless hoses from master cylinder to each caliper individually.

Horrible job making brake lines.
Try to find a local hydraulic hose company, if you buy all the Goodridge from them they may make them up for you at your specified lenghts.

Happy making, you will have some cut fingers at the end!!

allready cut! lol but it will be worth the pain! i hope :tard: