PDA

View Full Version : Little help with nova brakes

bigbillybunter2k
14-02-03, 05:49 PM
I need to change the flexie cable on the front offside,
i just need a little help bleeding the brakes, i have never done this to a car be4, only a few times on my scooter.. please can someone help me in this topic..

Also, Twin choke?
someone in work told me today to go the scrapy and get a weber carb off a astra mk2, and a 4 into 1 pipe... is this true?
if so what Astra is the weber carb on?
if not where can i get a weber carb for a mk1 1.2?

Manta Mad
14-02-03, 08:07 PM
Best way to bleed the brakes is to get a Gunsons Easi-bleed kit. (Halfords etc) It has full instructions on how to use it but it makes bleeding very easy and can be done without help.

Otherwise its a case of getting a jar with some brake fluid in it, connect a clear plastic hose to the bleed nipple. Open the nipple and get someone to push the brake pedal down slowly so fluid flows through the hose and into the jar. Tighten the nipple before they release the brake pedal. Repeat until no air bubbles exist in the clear hose. Its best to keep the end of the hose in the fluid in the jar to minimise air getting sucked back in. Also remember the person must not release the brake pedal until you have tightened the nipple otherwise air gets drawn back in.