PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Pump help!!

joeSRI
03-07-09, 08:57 PM
just fitted new fuel pipes, connected everything up and tried to start it and no joy. I tried it loads of times to give it chance to come up to the engine.
Nothing. Checked the pump and the wires were on the wrong way round so swapped the and turned the key. This time i heard the pump prime so as my bro turned it over i stood behind the car and heard a pop a fuel pissing out :mad:. Any ideas?

Cheers

Plug
03-07-09, 09:02 PM
check that no pipes have split or popped off?

joeSRI
03-07-09, 09:08 PM
nope all look ok. just checked it before, sounds like it tries the prime but gets blocked. All new pipes so cant see it being a blockage.

mowgli
03-07-09, 09:21 PM
you've got the pump running the right way, but the pipes are probably the wrong way

joeSRI
03-07-09, 10:00 PM
how do you mean the wrong way?

mowgli
03-07-09, 10:04 PM
well, if the engine is an efi, then there is a feed & return. if you plumb them the wrong way, then the fuel won't flow thru the regulator & it 'deadheads' the pump. this means it is producing huge pressure & zero flow, then at the weakest point, usually a joint, it will blow off, and send fuel wazzing everywhere. its worth checking...

joeSRI
03-07-09, 10:20 PM
good point, will have double check tomorrow. thought they were on the right way though.

cheers

Riggy
03-07-09, 10:44 PM
just for reference , fuel in goes to the line, the return comes from the reg

joeSRI
04-07-09, 09:14 AM
checked that the feed and return are ok and in the right place.