PDA

View Full Version : bonnet flip

auzzy2000
02-07-09, 10:00 PM
thought id share my experience today.came in from work and thought id go for a blast in the car.got it out garage.nice slow drive till all warmed up:)no problems!!!then when i was ready i let rip.was flat out in 3rd when the bonnet flipped up.nice 1:tard:.like a ££££ i hadnt done the bonnet pins uplol.coulnt even lean out window to see where i was going as ive got harnesses fitted.luckily all was ok.need a new bonnet now.it bent the hinges a treat and i coulnt shut it properly.i ripped out the handbrake light sensor wire and tied it down and drove slowly home:cry:lollollol

saloonwoody
02-07-09, 10:04 PM
u got away lightly m8 :)

Plug
02-07-09, 10:07 PM
yes very lightly ive seen the a pillars collapse from a bonnet before.

Put the pins in from the top next time :thumb:

auzzy2000
02-07-09, 10:07 PM
ye sure did just wacked the brakes on and hoped for the best.could of been worse.all good fun!!!

Bobminda
02-07-09, 10:10 PM
where bouts are you mate, i can get hold of one

Mike
02-07-09, 10:11 PM
Lucky mofo is all i can say TBH!!

auzzy2000
02-07-09, 10:12 PM
im in mk.but im just gunna get a fibreglass one now.cheers anyway

Benn
02-07-09, 10:14 PM
Had this happen on the motorway... Very scarey.

Jack
02-07-09, 10:51 PM
People ask why I put pins on my bonnet when the catch is still there. This is why!

General Lee
03-07-09, 12:13 PM
People ask why I put pins on my bonnet when the catch is still there. This is why!

Why do you put bonnet pins in your bonnet when the catch is still there?

Im going all out and putting bonnett pins on all 4 corners

skidmarkz
03-07-09, 02:19 PM
this happened to me also, not only did i smash my windscreen i hit a lamp post oops... :)

Funny thing happened to my mate, he changed his steering wheel and forgot to put the nut on.. anyway going down the road his steering came off in his hands while eaing maccy D's lol, he somewhat **** his pants lol

Ernie
03-07-09, 02:28 PM
A few should remember this happening to me on track at llandow last year.
I know Lee see it happen.

let_nova
03-07-09, 02:46 PM
had this happen to me on a fiat uno. the bonnet was that rotten it came right off.! lol

matt_vaughan
03-07-09, 07:13 PM
I've done it. Happened more than once though :( Completely mullered the bonnet so I sprayed it matt black so the reflection wasnt apparent. Lovely having a propper bonnet again now though.

Was light as though cause all the brasing was taken out, including the brackets so I had to mount on bonnet pins, new one is soooo heavy.

matt_vaughan
03-07-09, 07:13 PM
had this happen to me on a fiat uno. the bonnet was that rotten it came right off.! lol
You'd just driven off the forecourt then? lol

Riggy
03-07-09, 10:04 PM
dont know if any of you have seen my scuttle pannel lol , just after i had car painted , fited engine etc , took for a quick blast and bonnet flew up , just seen it coming up and hit brakes hard just bounced of scuttle and shut ,

but now i have a few chips along it lol