PDA

View Full Version : Pics of my boot install...

Neil.
14-02-03, 01:05 AM
First one ive done, mate helped me(thanks stuart)

It is VERY VERY BASSY and LOUD!!!

No way near finished yet, should be for Sheffield meet (30th march), with storbes, lazers, neons ect...

Doing carpet tomorow, will be finished in black and red matrial.

Your thoughts, no slagging off please.

http://www.stuffing.freeserve.co.uk/boot/boot2.jpg
http://www.stuffing.freeserve.co.uk/boot/boot1.jpg[/img]

wisewood
14-02-03, 08:22 AM
Not surprised its very bassy mate :lol: fookin ell.
you got standard dash speakers... 5" in doors and 2 12" subs behind your head :D

get some 6x9s in too and you're laffin.
nice one kid.

Neil.
14-02-03, 09:17 AM
yeah got some 6x9's, 140w magnat ones, just aint got em in yet, got to build up the pods for them, gonna look boom-bastic!

See ya soon Rev.

wisewood
14-02-03, 09:21 AM
gonna look boom-bastic!

are you absolutely sure thats the phrase you wanted to use - coz i can see that bringing forth much urine removal.

Anton
14-02-03, 09:49 AM
Have you seen the magent subs with the built in neons behind?

Ben (lurk75)
14-02-03, 04:53 PM
til some one likes it and helps themselves.

Neil.
14-02-03, 06:16 PM
dont worry, lots of security nick nacks are built in, few tricks donon it.
ill know about it one way or another.

Anton
14-02-03, 06:17 PM
tint the windows so no one can see it

onephatnova
15-02-03, 12:19 AM
cool 8) looks nice mate :D

lookin forward to seeing it finished at Sheff meet.

djp_y2k
15-02-03, 03:59 PM
looking nice, bet it is bassy

?Marty?
15-02-03, 05:56 PM
Re-trim it in bubble wrap!

Seriously though, is it removable? And are you going to re-move it every night to stop it from getting stolen?

I want to do a serious install, with fiberglass and etc, but my car is kept on the street so i'm a bit wary of it being stolen. ICE is the only thing i haven't bothered doing so far (excpt a decent headunit and somy uprated speakers in standard locations) as it's the only thing that is easy, and most likely to be stolen.

Apart from ice, it's the whole car itself that might get stolen, but that ain't gonna be happenin' my brothers. :wink: :twisted:

novax
16-02-03, 09:48 AM
Where exactly do you think you're boing to put these 6x9s? I'll let you off fitting "2" big subs because you've dropped out the seats but did you calculate the amount of air in the box for them? Next thing you need to do is sound deaden the whole car, pop down to a panel shop and buy a couple of packs of "Tetrysil" self adhesive pads, about ?15 for 10. They'll do the fob as good as Dynamat.

Wiggie
16-02-03, 11:48 AM
Is criticism welcome?

With out meaning to offend any one, i think it all looks abit naff, the job in the back could be called "un-finished"? and the painted knobs??

i'm shour its sounds good though :wink:

Neil.
16-02-03, 12:00 PM
the job is 'unfinished', not way near complete yet, the painted nobs were done because i wanted to. some people might like em some people might not, just diff peoples opinions aint it. it dont bother me if people dont rate it much. tinting back window monday, the building my strange/bit different pods for 6x9's in rear rest of the week. ill try and get some pics as i go along.
cheers anton, onephattnova, djp_y2k.

Anton
16-02-03, 12:10 PM
what are you gonna do with the back side panels?

Neil.
16-02-03, 12:25 PM
well around the rear arch is going to be a curved ply suround, and in that will be an oval aeroplane wing style bit that comes out to house the 6x9, all carpeted, just an idea ive had, not sure if im going through with it yet.

novax
17-02-03, 08:36 PM
It wasn't so much a critisim as comment based on hard earned knowledge over quite a few years building installs. The trick is to have "enough" base, not too much :wink: