PDA

View Full Version : cutting the emissions down?

leggattr
01-07-09, 04:59 PM
Iv just got the nova back after having a 1.3 fitted due to the old 1.2 blowing alittle to much. Iv noticed there is slight smoke still from this one but dont no if it would fail emissions or not. Is there anything good on the market that i can flush through the engine to help it? also saw a few of you talking about redex the other day aswell, have used some in it but again is there anything else better for it?
Cheers in advance

AlexW
01-07-09, 09:06 PM
Unless its a K reg dont worry.

ade
01-07-09, 11:25 PM
when was the "new" engine last used and has it been given a ruddy good service since installation?

If not give it a proper service, oil, plugs timing check etc.

My 1.3SR smokes a little - its whitish - but I know its overfueling (I can smell it) - just needs setting up properly (weber 32/34).

How many miles has the engine done?

Also check the breather pipes - if youre cars got the standard pancake/bin lid filter the breather pipe flows back into this and the carb burns off the excess sludge throuygh the engine - this will make it smoke a tad as it burns the sh1te. Theres a little box above the starter motor (dunno what its called) that's full of filter material (wire wool etc) - if your pipes and the box are clogged with sludge, you can clean them out to reduce the excess sludge getting burnt.

Consult Haynes for more info...

leggattr
02-07-09, 09:37 AM
The engine was given a full service before fitting. Its done (as far as im aware) 56k. at the mo theres no filter on it as i didnt know the 1.2 bin lid wouldnt fit the 1.3. i think it may be slightly over fueling which i will look at.