PDA

View Full Version : Dust caps

Jack
01-07-09, 09:07 AM
I'm removing the centre caps from my Cesaro wheels, but this leaves the castle nut, clip and end of the driveshaft on the front exposed. Is that ok? Or should I get some small dust caps to protect that bit?

AlexW
01-07-09, 10:35 AM
Thats how it is on steel wheels usualy, hubcaps aint excatly dust tight.

Dont worry about it.

7ova
01-07-09, 09:49 PM
the combo van has a small cap over the castle nut on the front hubs,
same idea as the caps on the rear nova drums! but bigger
they could fit????????

John
01-07-09, 09:53 PM
Lol, i thought this was gonna be a thread about actual dust caps, ie "bullets or dice" lmao.

AlexW
01-07-09, 10:00 PM
Lol, i thought this was gonna be a thread about actual dust caps, ie "bullets or dice" lmao.

Me too lol

L14MNP
01-07-09, 10:55 PM
^ Thirded.

RJ don't be a gayer.

MK999
02-07-09, 01:11 AM
If the castle nut is spinning round relative to the hub and making friction against dust a problem... you have bigger issues imo lol Like, your driveshaft is about to pull out lol

Jack
02-07-09, 09:45 AM
If the castle nut is spinning round relative to the hub and making friction against dust a problem... you have bigger issues imo lol Like, your driveshaft is about to pull out lol
I never said that was the case, or would be the case. I was asking if it was ok for the end to be exposed to the elements or if it should be covered up.

I just used dust caps as a generic descriptor, I wasn't saying I need to protect the castle nut and etc from just purely dust :roll: Dunno about elsewhere, but in Somerset we have far worse stuff than dust on the roads lol

AlexW
02-07-09, 10:59 AM
Its not as if the castle nut is sticking out the wheel 4miles is it?

Hobbit
02-07-09, 03:03 PM
I never said that was the case, or would be the case. I was asking if it was ok for the end to be exposed to the elements or if it should be covered up.

I just used dust caps as a generic descriptor, I wasn't saying I need to protect the castle nut and etc from just purely dust :roll: Dunno about elsewhere, but in Somerset we have far worse stuff than dust on the roads lol

Yeah, me tonight :D

joff-turbo-nova
02-07-09, 03:21 PM
Yeah, me tonight :D

Vectras have these caps as standard - just stops the threads rusting up - raid some off a scrapper when you are next in a yard

Joff