PDA

View Full Version : insurance is ridiculous

vauxboi
30-06-09, 11:23 PM
i got a quote earlier for a 1.2i nova luxe plus 1992 by the way im 17 still a provisonal but i told the bird lets assume i have my full licence right this is on my mums insurance third party for me no mods kept in a drive used for work and domestic all that crap i live in west london so that proberly doesnt help but here's the best bit wanna know how much it will cost me to be on my mums insurance £3800

vxr_racing_2008
30-06-09, 11:31 PM
:eek:

vxr_racing_2008
30-06-09, 11:32 PM
You been on go compare?:roll:

matt_vaughan
30-06-09, 11:36 PM
get on gocompare, then ring the cheapest companies up, tell them they're a few quid out, can they reduce a bit?

Just ringing them up can get you cheaper quote in itself.

Or buy an SR! lol

vauxboi
30-06-09, 11:37 PM
yeah there crap aswell the cheapest i get is around the 2 grand area but what im gonna do is see how much it will be for me to go on my dads as he is older than my marjay plus he lives out in the sticks

vauxboi
30-06-09, 11:38 PM
i would rather an sr but i havnt seen a decent one for ages plus the insurance group is higher than mine

Jack
01-07-09, 08:24 AM
Insurance group isn't everything. You may find an SR comes out cheaper with some companies.

To be honest, that cost is pretty silly. Pick up the phone, ring round, and you should be able to get that price down.

Otherwise, as I've always maintained - if insurance is a problem for you, simply buy another car. I was going to buy a 1985 1.2 Swing as a first car, but the insurance was too expensive (£800! lmfao) so ended up with a Fiat instead. Kept that for a year, then bought 1992 1.2 Merit and insured it for £600 fully comp.

vauxboi
01-07-09, 11:34 AM
thats what i was going to do as in buy another car such as a corsa if the insurance ends up being too expensive on the nova.

pyromaniac_yeti
15-07-09, 11:12 PM
direct line 1yrs NCB, 1yrs licence, 19 years old, nova 1.2 £735 fully comp.
confused £850 TPFT

third party is the most expensive cover to get. seriously, go on confused, run up quotes on third party, click it up to TPFT and watch it drop...or go direct line and get fully comp cover for less than the lot..

cheapest two cars i could find to insure were the corsa B 1.2, and the nova 1.2 or less. the 1.0 nova was only £10 cheaper...might be different for you, but seriously, go rake around a bit...see what comes up. even if you only just passed then you'll insure that for less than 3800.

Joe Richardson
15-07-09, 11:19 PM
I have just insured my SR last night,And im 18,Just passed my test.

It's £1,850 fully comp on my own policy:thumb:

brainsnova
15-07-09, 11:22 PM
ah how times have changed when i was 18 on my 1.3sr it was £980 tpft on my own policy.

Joe Richardson
15-07-09, 11:25 PM
ah how times have changed when i was 18 on my 1.3sr it was £980 tpft on my own policy.

bet you thought that was a stupid amount when you first started drivinglol

brainsnova
15-07-09, 11:31 PM

but it was worth it :thumb:

Joe Richardson
15-07-09, 11:35 PM
but it was worth it :thumb:

sure is mate:d

NovaBoi92
15-07-09, 11:40 PM
one of the major factors that contribute to high insurance prices is location. west london would be considered a high risk area. same as where i live, romford. my insurance is expensive too, but check this (dont put a space after the post code, doesnt work otherwise lol)
http://www.visitcars.co.uk/car-insurance/insurance-post-code-risk.html

Jack
16-07-09, 12:06 AM
TBH I still think its a stupid amount now lol

MattBrown
16-07-09, 10:51 AM
Its not stupid though?

"Que death penalty stick"

If cars were not robbed, people insurance would not be high, if I put my nova off down the lanes, I drag it out, fix the fence, and reshell it, no insurance involved, it people that take the piss with insurance, that hike the prices up, my dad drives a jag, insured fully comp, he scratched it, and paid for it himself, there is no need to claim for your own stupidity

And if car thieves had there hands cut off, or were killed, there would be no problems!

Rant Over!