PDA

View Full Version : Gsi Replica's

Cle
30-06-09, 10:13 AM
Dont know if this has been asked before but, How do you tell a original gsi between a replica ???

let_nova
30-06-09, 10:17 AM
hard unless you see the paerwork. look for everything that should bve on the gsi.
blackdash
window surrounds
all interior trim
strut top plates
top tint screen
engine
skirts
etc

AlexW
30-06-09, 10:17 AM
And the colour.

Lee H
30-06-09, 10:30 AM
Sunroof is usually a good one, not many reps have the proper tilt/slide sunroof.

Also the original sills and wings have the nobbles for the side skirt clips as part of the panel rather than being riveted on.

Lynsey
30-06-09, 10:31 AM
If it's a decent replica, there should be no differences :p

amggsi
30-06-09, 10:34 AM
hard unless you see the paerwork. look for everything that should bve on the gsi.
blackdash
window surrounds
all interior trim
strut top plates
top tint screen
engine
skirts
etc

Don't forget the factory fit sunroof as well!:thumb:

GSi's came in: (I think this is all the colours!!)
Flame Red
Glacier White
Diamond Black
Silk Violet
Mistral Grey
Silver

phazer
30-06-09, 10:40 AM
Thing is, if you start with a late SRi and swap the trim you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. The shell is the same and they have the t/s sun roof.

amggsi
30-06-09, 10:41 AM
Thing is, if you start with a late SRi and swap the trim you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference. The shell is the same and they have the t/s sun roof.

It would be a shame to do that to an SRi though - they are bound to be a lot rarer than a GSi!;) lol

phazer
30-06-09, 10:45 AM
It would be a shame to do that to an SRi though - they are bound to be a lot rarer than a GSi!;) lol

True, though mine is wearing the skirts and front bumper. Still badged as an SRi though :thumb:

Jack
30-06-09, 03:13 PM
Interior trim code on the VIN plate.

[edit] reason I say that is because without making a new VIN plate that has the proper interior trim code on, everything else could be replicated (possibly aside from the nobbles on the panels that Lee mentioned above).

craig green
30-06-09, 03:16 PM
Double skinned fr turrets. Lots of rot under all the seam sealer. Correctly fitted fuel pump on chassis leg?

Leeboo
30-06-09, 06:12 PM
GTE/GSi used thicker metal around the engine bay? Hard to check I suppose.

Mike
30-06-09, 06:15 PM
Jacks is pretty much the only most "secure" way to check :thumb:

vaughanmc
30-06-09, 06:25 PM
Some might not have the correct GSi rear bumper fitted with the larger exhaust/exit hole...

Could be easily changed I suppose but I reckon half of them won't have been changed...?

novadriver
30-06-09, 07:06 PM
lol