PDA

View Full Version : mk2 bits on a mk1

liam_uk
28-06-09, 02:21 PM
Is it just the case of swapping the headlights, wings and grill to get a mk2 front end onto a mk1?

I already had the bumper with the car and im ordering a fg bonnet.

Cheers

Liam

let_nova
28-06-09, 03:07 PM
yes

Plug
28-06-09, 03:08 PM
you will need mk2 headlight clips and the bumper iron attachers are different on a mk2.

I will buy the L shaped brackets off your bumper iron from the Mk1 Pm me

let_nova
28-06-09, 03:11 PM
i was trying to find the thread that someone made !

Plug
28-06-09, 03:13 PM
yea seems theres alot of people wanting to mk1 there mk2 or vise versa like me.

If you look in parts wanted liam some on wants to swap there mk2 front end for a mk1 if this is any help.

Looking for link atm

liam_uk
28-06-09, 03:14 PM
you will need mk2 headlight clips and the bumper iron attachers are different on a mk2.

I will buy the L shaped brackets off your bumper iron from the Mk1 Pm me

Its a mk2 bumper that came with the car. dont no what the other bumpers are. got a couple more coming with the spares for it as its a rally car

Plug
28-06-09, 03:15 PM
ok mate

liam_uk
28-06-09, 03:19 PM
So what clips do i need headlight clips and mk2 bumper irons.

Where can I get those from?

let_nova
28-06-09, 03:23 PM
bumper iron here pm me

ade
28-06-09, 09:19 PM
I'm gonna ban you!

How DARE YOU abuse a MK1 and make it into a MK2!

Uber Sin!

lol

seriopusly though - dont do it - it youve got the basic mk1 front end just get a GTE bumper and grill - mk1 end is more agressive looking than the "girly soft" mk2!

I own both mk1 and mk2 and the mk1 looks much better!

If you HAVE to convert to mk2 front end you need -

2 headlights + clips
2 indicators
2 wings
a bumper
bumper bar/irons (although bar otself may be swappable)
grill
and you'll need to mod the mk1's slam panel as the clips for the mk2 grill wont fit as the mk1 has less clips than the mk2. Need to get the drill and files out.

Plus you'll need to respray the front end obviously unless youve been lucky and got the same colour.

dj_wudgey
29-06-09, 01:43 AM
I'm gonna ban you!

How DARE YOU abuse a MK1 and make it into a MK2!

Uber Sin!

lol

seriopusly though - dont do it - it youve got the basic mk1 front end just get a GTE bumper and grill - mk1 end is more agressive looking than the "girly soft" mk2!

I own both mk1 and mk2 and the mk1 looks much better!

If you HAVE to convert to mk2 front end you need -

2 headlights + clips
2 indicators
2 wings
a bumper
bumper bar/irons (although bar otself may be swappable)
grill
and you'll need to mod the mk1's slam panel as the clips for the mk2 grill wont fit as the mk1 has less clips than the mk2. Need to get the drill and files out.

Plus you'll need to respray the front end obviously unless youve been lucky and got the same colour.

i agree with ade mk1's look much more agressive and beter all round but every one to thier own!!

GTE TURBZ
29-06-09, 10:29 AM
You will regrett it !!!!!!! just wait and seelol

matt_vaughan
29-06-09, 10:46 AM
I'm the one wanting to swap mk2 for mk1 front end. I need mk1 wings, lights, everything. Luckily everything I need to swap is exactly same as you need to swap from yours to get mk2.

Where abouts are you Liam?

dj_wudgey
29-06-09, 12:06 PM
I'm the one wanting to swap mk2 for mk1 front end. I need mk1 wings, lights, everything. Luckily everything I need to swap is exactly same as you need to swap from yours to get mk2.

Where abouts are you Liam?

you have the right idea dude mk1 rules lol