PDA

View Full Version : Rear Bumper Query

whitey
12-02-03, 09:11 PM
Hi all

I am going to be buying a rear bumper shortly and am not sure whether to go for the Abyss rear bumper or the Fusion rear bumper!
They both have their strong points! Biggest bummer is the lack of number plate recess on the fusion one but this can be overcome i know!

Anyway, just wanted to know how they are both fitted!
Which is easiest?
Is any chopping down etc needed on either?

I know that CCM is the best place for the Abyss but what about the Fusion! The only one I know is Carisma, anywhere cheaper?

Cheers in advance

Chris

Tazzy
12-02-03, 10:27 PM
im not sure where you can get the fusion bumper from, but that is deffo better, it should fit straight on, quite simple, on two rails, but if it does need cutting down, just place the standard bumper on top of the fusion, up side down, draw a line, then cut! simple!

mikeoxford
12-02-03, 10:32 PM
ive seen the fusion rear labelled up as something else from another company who are a bit cheaper i think

proably a copy :? unsure

anyway id go fusion

OR

if your having a twin CENTRE exit exhaust, abyss

looks like a proper wheel barrow if one in either corner :oops: :roll: sorry just an opinion

Tazzy
13-02-03, 12:52 AM
i spose it doesnt matter what its called, lol, as long as you know a dealer who could get it for you!

i use fletchers in brum, as they can get most stuff from demon tweeks, saves me traveling there anyway...

whitey
13-02-03, 09:11 AM
AGREED all!
I don't really like the abyss bumper that much, just the fact that its got a recess and loads cheaper than the fusion!
I don't mind doing a recess, just don't wanna cut holes in a ?189 bumper!

Mite just stick to the old classic turn light upside down and fix plate to bumper!

The car is going black so I think that the fusion will make it look a lot more badboy too!

Let me know your views or anywhere that the FUSION BUMPER IS CHEAPER THAN ?189!

Whites :twisted:

mikeoxford
13-02-03, 10:17 AM
i spose it doesnt matter what its called, lol, as long as you know a dealer who could get it for you!

i use fletchers in brum, as they can get most stuff from demon tweeks, saves me traveling there anyway...

:O ab fletchers? i use that all the time. remember back in the day when it was more like auto jumble. but now its gone like ripspeed 8)

pm or email us cos i dont live far from there!