PDA

View Full Version : Work? allegedly

Gashgusher
27-06-09, 09:57 AM
im gettin worried about work. recently (bout a month ago) started work rigging tv aerials and satellite dishes, and i work on a call out system i.e. i get a job sent to my PDA from th'office and then i toddle off to my job. First couple of weeks i was HAMMERED out with jobs, doing 12/13 hour days no dinners etc and i dont receive O/T extra. Just kinda jumpin through hoops a bit to show i was willing and new to the trade etc...
However, since Monday this week, ive had 5 lie-ins til half 9, and not been sent any work before 10.30/ 11am :confused: Yesterday, I got dressed into my uniform, drove halfway to bolton and was told my work for the day had been cancelled. And here I am again at 10am still lay in bed, on here typin waitin for a job.

gettin paid to sit in bed.... yes. Job security? im already lookin for a new one just in case :tard:

Johnny A
27-06-09, 09:58 AM
enjoy while you can chap, all you can do really (apart from covering your ass finding another job)

let_nova
27-06-09, 10:56 AM
at my work i go there at 8am. the boss says "find something to do for a few hours. itll be a short one the day." thats every day. im home for 11am. bit of a s.*** when you drive 20 mile to get there. still get paid till 5.30 though.

mikey14sr
27-06-09, 11:35 AM
I'd say so long as you're getting some sort of retainer for being on call that will cover the bills, stick with it. If you're not then yeah, see what else there is.

dj_wudgey
27-06-09, 12:46 PM
yea if you can afford it enjoy it dude lol