PDA

View Full Version : exhaust

Anonymous
06-12-00, 12:12 PM
i had a 1.2 with a full pmc exhaust on. but this was written off the other week. i now have a 13sr and i know the full system wouldn't go on this so i just put the back box on which fitted fine onto the standard exhaust. now i have done this the exaust is about 3 times louder than it was on the other car and when i slow down it pops like a rally car. is this ok or is it doing some sort of damage?

Anonymous
06-12-00, 12:15 PM
its fine m8, the popping sounds mint, now go and get ya self the full system

chris ;-)

Anonymous
06-12-00, 12:46 PM
hmm, popping on road cars.. hmmm. My old magnex full system on my SR would only do that after a heavy thrashing at high revs then doing some engine braking. Other than that - check fuel mixtures, you could be burning too much fuel (?????)

Anonymous
06-12-00, 12:47 PM
Forgot to add, If you put the wrong bore exhaust on an engine, you can do damage that will injure your wallet. I'm not sure if backboxes come into this category

Anonymous
06-12-00, 01:37 PM
Yeah, agreed! The popping is known as over-run, I assume you only get it under engine breaking?

Its when the unburnt fuel/air mixture is allowed through the exhaust, that is hot enough to ignite it at the backbox where there's more air.

I have a 1.4 SR with a PCS backbox. The only thing infront of that is the standard "cherry bomb" silencer which isnt that big so you get stacks over over-run! Perfect for scaring anything on the pavement, or any local Ford owners!!

Anonymous
06-12-00, 08:34 PM
i got the popping, it's the best! toby don't know why ur saying how to change it!? and it doesn't affect backboxes!!