PDA

View Full Version : getting rid off torque steer

spanishfly
12-02-03, 05:56 PM
i really wanna get rid of torque steer! had enuff of the thing:(

i already plan on some adjustble suspension (prob koni) i have poly bushes on every thing that rally design sell them for (waiting for arb ones, but may just remove it) i know my wheels are crap offset, i'm looking for some decent 15's, also considering getting the lower tie bar mounts!!
what else could i do!!??? it's quite dangerous... round london streets can be a tad narrow, and as many know i have a tendency to drive with foot to the metal (litreally-no carpet:)) n e help will be kindly taken:)

(off topic) i should print this and take it to my old teachers!! i always told them i could right essays:)

Ben (lurk75)
12-02-03, 07:05 PM
Slap on a LSD (limited slip diff not acid)

spanishfly
12-02-03, 07:41 PM
price would be hard to swallow!!:(
looked into it already and i can't justify it at the mo!! maybe if i was to go further with power!!! simple answer is control my right foot!

mowgli
12-02-03, 09:06 PM
the unequal length driveshafts will always cause it.

Is the bolt on weight still on the shaft???

is your tracking ok?? toe out gives major torque steer effect, but cornering is actually better.

Maybe your tyres are pumped up too much. Are you getting loads of wheelspin???

how are the front shock absorbers???

Quaife do a shaft kit for their racy gearboxes which has a shaft + tube mounted rigidly to the diff housing which enables you to use two equal driveshafts thus eradicating the problem. Try them to see if they do a nova one.

mikeoxford
12-02-03, 10:06 PM
torque steer?

whats that?

pulling to a direction under acceleration?

rob.slader
12-02-03, 11:22 PM
Yeah Mike, the car will pull to one side when you boot it. Turbo cars suffer from it badly. My old uno turbo had it bad. Didn't have it with the Nova though. Not enough power!!!

Ben (lurk75)
12-02-03, 11:25 PM
look on www.motorsportdirect.co.uk iain has quite a few second hand ones at reasonable prices, is really the best option for effectiveness.

mikeoxford
12-02-03, 11:25 PM
cheers rob

whats ur spec sheet lookin like now spanishfly?

do u memba me at all? we spoke at MK before PV2002 show last year

what engine mods u dun?