PDA

View Full Version : Tailgate question...

burgessovsalford
12-02-03, 03:36 PM
I've got a GTE tailgate at the mo with the black vinyl at the bottom which I like the look of, but im thinkin of smoothing it off but keeping it black at the bottom. Do you think it will look shit or weird?

Also there an easier way to do it other than welding a plate across it all? Bearing in mind I will be covering woteva I smooth it with the black vinyl again.

Anton
12-02-03, 05:20 PM
don't do it, it will look weird

Wiggie
12-02-03, 08:42 PM
I was thinking of bodging it at one point ( after the reaction i got from this lot i decided not to) i was gunna make a space filler out of bits and bobs and screw that in place and then just fill over the top, after a little bit of a think its just as easy to get it welded. as for the black plasic bit at the back....hmm nah

Chris LR
12-02-03, 08:56 PM
Get it painted, take a photo, play about with the photo on a computer.

Tazzy
12-02-03, 09:12 PM
you can remove the vinyl with a gair dryer and your gfs false nails, lol, but itll look in a bit of a state, so youll have to get it resprayed, might as well do it of you are having it flushed, the vinyl is so ugly anyway!

finlay
12-02-03, 10:27 PM
i sore a nova with that to day comin back from college an it looked ok just play about with it on the comp fist an see wot u think.

mikeoxford
12-02-03, 10:34 PM
hhmmmmmm

nah :|

sorry

Tazzy
13-02-03, 12:49 AM
its best removed, the vinyl is dated, but the nova is an old car, lets brring it into the new centrey!

mikeoxford
13-02-03, 10:21 AM
i dont have anything against vinyl - for instance i dont want to change the appearance of mine too much, want it to still keep the SR character

but for instance, the SRs had vinyl, on the mk2 it was removed.

so even vaux must have thought it looked dated on the rear!

burgessovsalford
13-02-03, 10:24 AM
I think vinyl on the tailgate looks good! Dont like vinyl on the sides of novas tho...

Well il play about with it on the pc see wot it will look like. Just got to get a PC at home first!!(im skiving in work :lol: )

Tazzy
13-02-03, 09:44 PM
exactly mike, what were vauxhall thinking of putting vinyl on the boot lid and the door pilers on the GTE and SR?

its hobviously there for paint work protection, it just looks old, and not very nice, best attack with a hairdryer, then flush the gate!

mikeoxford
14-02-03, 12:22 AM
exactly mike, what were vauxhall thinking of putting vinyl on the boot lid and the door pilers on the GTE and SR?

its hobviously there for paint work protection, it just looks old, and not very nice, best attack with a hairdryer, then flush the gate!

:lol: 8)

yup

im always right :twisted:

you dont see no vinyl on corsas now do ya................... :?

Tazzy
14-02-03, 12:30 AM
you dont see no vinyl on corsas now do ya...................

nope!

but corsas aint owned by old folk scrathing their walking sticks and zimma frames on the paint work!

is there any other cars that had vinyl on as standard?

mikeoxford
14-02-03, 12:34 AM
is there any other cars that had vinyl on as standard?

strictly vaux?

burgessovsalford
14-02-03, 10:40 AM
the daddy of all nova's had vinyl on the tailgate! GSI's of course....

With or without vinyl corsas still look ugly! :lol:

Chris LR
17-02-03, 12:37 AM
You like it, you do it

Nova-Boy
19-02-03, 08:08 AM
I have just thought of a car that has Vinyl on the boot as standard!!

The Mk2 Golf GTI had it round the back window!