PDA

View Full Version : need help boot floor

walkersri
25-06-09, 05:12 PM
i want 2 take out my back seats and have a flat floor there all the way through 2 my boot, but not sure how 2 go about it.

can any1 help plz lols

walkersri

skidmarkz
25-06-09, 05:18 PM
hello,

This mod is Very easy, CountVauxAlot has done this and so have i, you will find good pictures in both our WIP threads.

Counts Thread, This is a very good guide on how to do it..

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=109412&page=37&highlight=spare+wheel

My WIP
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1224883&highlight=boot#post1224883

let_nova
25-06-09, 05:19 PM
mdf FTW

skidmarkz
25-06-09, 05:28 PM
mdf FTW

Lmfao, untill you go out in the rain then the floor just falls out :D

let_nova
25-06-09, 05:37 PM
i want 2 take out my back seats and have a flat floor there all the way through 2 my boot, but not sure how 2 go about it.

can any1 help plz lols

walkersri

?? he didnt say ANYTHING about the spare wheel well!!!!!!!!!!!:tard:

skidmarkz
25-06-09, 05:38 PM
cant just go over the top thats cheating LOL, to me a flat floor is no spare wheel well lol

think about it if you cut out the wheel well, you save the weight for the false floor :P

did i dig myself out yet ?

walkersri
25-06-09, 06:46 PM
lmao erm little 2much work that haha

i was finkin about mdf but dont no wer 2 start with the shape, ie round the wheel covers and boot floor, and if u put mdf over the top here will b a big hole behind the seats wont there?????

skidmarkz
25-06-09, 06:53 PM
easy way to start is a big piece of cardboard or summat that holds it shape, make templates of each side, then draw it onto a MDF sheet, use a jigsaw to cut it out, trial fit make sure your happy then drop it into its final place, add a drop of no nails job jobbed lol

same goes with the front you would build your fixing point, make a front face, then lay the top piece of mdf on top of the facier.. easy :)

walkersri
25-06-09, 07:01 PM
oyeh lols fank m8y

how wud i sucure the front part tho, i mean wats stopin it from jumpin up all the time if i go over a bump??

let_nova
25-06-09, 07:50 PM
it wont jump up like that if you dont txt type lol

walkersri
25-06-09, 08:11 PM
lols sorry i dont mean to, is there anyway i can sucure it down???

beter???

haha

let_nova
25-06-09, 08:15 PM
just make it a nice tight fit and it will be fine.

mikey14sr
25-06-09, 08:16 PM
If you've got split rear seats the centre bracket sticks up higher than the rest of the floor, so you'll either need a hole in the false floor or just remove the bracket using everyones favourite tool, the grinder.

You might need to add a batten at the front (can use this to screw the front facia onto) and back edges (to support the rear edge as the floor dips in the middle). Just use plenty of no more nails stuff to stick it down.

If I was doing another I'd bin the seat bracket like I always have and use 1/4" (6mm) ply for the floor, it's about the same weight as 12mm MDF and a bit more expense but it doesn't turn into a fluffy, soggy ball when it gets wet (which it will in a nova, with all that rust around the rear chassis legs and boot corners).