PDA

View Full Version : AA Botty bashed

?Marty?
12-02-03, 02:40 AM
Got my car stuck on some country lane in the middle of nowhere after i was taking a girl to one of her (female) friends house in the country.

Phoned up AA, and when they finally found me (no address!)...he was ever so kind to wich me out of the muddy ditch...

...AND STRAIGHT INTO A BLOODY STONE WALL!!

There isn't really any damage though, as it was all absorbed by the rear bumper (slight dent/loose fittings) and i've got another rear bumper waiting to go on anyway, but shall i try and get some 'compensation' anyway?

Fester
12-02-03, 02:42 AM
yeah the guy was blatantly at fault

try and get some money for some fine quality snow

RobHardyUK
12-02-03, 08:21 AM
Depeneds how bad it is? I would, then I would flog it. There is bound to be someone on this forum who wants a bumper?

Tazzy
12-02-03, 09:54 AM
lol, just claim for the money of the price of the most expensive bumper from vauxhall (prolly mk2 or GTE) show prove of the cost by sending a quote from vauxhall, then you have a nice little tidy wod in your back pocket!

?Marty?
12-02-03, 06:27 PM
Yeah, i think i will.

Hopefully i won't need to use the AA again soon. And if i do, they won't send the same guy, as he'll probably know i complained about him.

Tazzy
13-02-03, 10:38 PM
i saw a documentry on tv a few weeks back about the AA!

apparently, they find any excuse to flog you a battery as they have to sell a certain ammount in a certain time!

Mr Dan
14-02-03, 12:00 AM
It's all about the RAC, none of this AA rubbish! They're top quality recovery!

(only because they came cheap with my insurance!)

wisewood
14-02-03, 09:00 AM
I have had experiences with both the AA and RAC and i have to say teh AA came off better...

The RAC sub contracted the job to a self employed recovery bloke who was woken at 3am and sent out to get me, but they told him the wrong place three times and he eventaully asked for my number from them and he found me straight away after i told him. So wasn't impressed with the RAC as they couldnt even give the directions i had given to them.

The AA however picked me up from Kent in a car that was not taxed, with no MOT and had 2 wheel nuts missing from 2 wheels - just bought and towed down the road and phoned the AA as it wasnt running.
They came out, the bloke looked and said - you do know that if the car aint legally road worthy we can tow you dont you - so i said no i didnt, told him i had just bought it and he said yeah fair enough, fook it might as well take ya. So he then handed me over to someone else a bit further north as his shift ended, and explained to the bloke what was up with it and stuff and that it was all ok etc.

So to me... the AA sorted me out - the RAC messed me around.