PDA

View Full Version : What to do with TD Nova?

esvfm
24-06-09, 10:50 PM
Hi All,

I've been lurking around here for far too long, now I need to ask the collective wisdom for some ideas ...

I have in my possession a K plate flame red Nova TD, which has been off the road for a few years.

Just before it went off the road it had a bit of an incident where oil cooler leaked into the alternator and merry hell ensued with the electrics.

I bought myself a C16XE engine and box for it, but didn't get any further once I found out that the engine mounts didn't match and I didn't have the skills or equipment to do much about it.

That was nearly 3 years ago, so I need some inspiration to get on with getting the old girl back on the road. I'm not sure I have the time to do the conversion on my own, so I'm considering to look for some to do the basic install, or should I maybe consider looking for another TD engine (1.7?) as an easier replacement?

I'm based near Bristol if anyone has any suggestions of somewhere I might take the car.

Cheers, Chris.

novalicous
24-06-09, 10:59 PM
hello and welcome to PNG :thumb:

this may be of some help

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=84830

Brettski
25-06-09, 12:13 AM
put a cavy 1.7 td izuzu lump in it and with boost and fuel tweak will go very well and still recive verry good mpg and you can run these on bio diesel witch is a bonus :)

matt_vaughan
25-06-09, 12:30 AM
yep 1.7 td engine is great in a nova!

General Baxter
25-06-09, 07:27 AM
sell it me lol