PDA

View Full Version : Suspension Set Up - Help Please

SILVERSTRIPE
24-06-09, 10:41 PM
I was wondering if some of you guys could offer me some advice with suspension / tyre set up for track days.
I am currently mid-way through a road legal track car and having some issues mainly with my front suspension set up.
They are GAZ coilovers and I am running some vauxhall 15" rims ET49. They seem to be very close to each other at the moment. Do you track guys run similar set ups with spacers or maybe different wheels with different ET's. Tyre size on the front at the moment is 195/60x15.
Also on the rear I have some decent Bilstein shocks and what looks like standard springs. Again, what would you suggest is a good set up for the track. I don't really what to be paying for coilovers on the rear at present, but should I lower the springs and if so by what amount.
Many thanks for your help
Peter

JimmyH
25-06-09, 01:26 AM
once your coilovers are not actually touching your wheel or tyre it should be ok.
As for tyres I use 195/50/15 toyo R888's
I don't know about springs on the back,I have bilstein tarmac shocks with coilover sleeves and 2.25, 200lb sprngs. you need to turret the back arches to fit these.

The bottom one is the rear coilover

http://i378.photobucket.com/albums/oo229/JimmyHu/28012009049.jpg

SILVERSTRIPE
26-06-09, 12:26 PM
Cheers for that. I suppose I am going to have to just get some clearance and see how it goes on the track.
If any of you run separate shockers and springs on the back I would be interested to know your set up
Thanks

The Simps
26-06-09, 12:37 PM
Its a long thread but you might find some useful info in here mate - http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85108

SILVERSTRIPE
28-06-09, 10:53 PM
Thanks for that link. I've watched and read a little about 'Trackday Nova' and was hoping I would get some advice from him. I took a wild stab in the dark at page 183 and by chance he was discussing similar problems with his front set up.
Cheers mate:thumb: