PDA

View Full Version : need some welding done?

tony k
24-06-09, 08:20 AM
hi guys is anyone up fordoing some welding on my car,as my mate keeps messing me around,ive been waiting for him to do some bits for me,but he keeps saying he will be round then never turns up,i need the alternator bit boxed in,an another bit on the engine bay,plus i need my rear gearbox mount strengthend aswell,i was looking at buying a welder but aint got a clue what one,plus aint got a scooby doo how to weld,i need these bits done so i can get the engine in

cheers

ward
24-06-09, 08:36 AM
ill ask me bro mate,he does a lil bit of welding.
he strenghtened the bay in the convertable and strenghtened the wishbones aswell.

tony k
24-06-09, 08:40 AM
cheers mate really appriciate it,forgot about the wishbones doh

GRUNT 16V
24-06-09, 10:29 AM
If You Were Closer !!!!!!!!!!!!!

tony k
24-06-09, 10:41 AM
If You Were Closer !!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats ok fella thanks tho:thumb:

skidmarkz
24-06-09, 02:26 PM
Have you made all the plates and cleaned everything up ready to weld??

tony k
24-06-09, 04:13 PM
nah mate it only needs the alternator bit boxed and just a little plate put over one bit thats it really

tony k
24-06-09, 04:17 PM
i need these bits done got these out the article section sorry for nicking the pics guys
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/Pete_58/Nova/DSC007571.jpg

and this bit where the strengthning plates got at the gearbox bracket side it leaves a open space so water will get in there,just want that coverd up aswell thats it really
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/TheSimps/Nova/Nova%20Coupe%20Project/06-07-084.jpg

skidmarkz
24-06-09, 05:30 PM
ok well the top pic is easy, but you would still need some plate to fill the gaps and weld too.

The bottom pic is a Rally plating kit, you would need to buy the kit.... i can weld the tie bar plate like that if you like :thumb:

you can get it from Chris Astley or Harry Hockley

Buy it all, give me a shout i may be able to help u out.