PDA

View Full Version : Chipped Key Corsa Ignition Replaceing

Dave.
24-06-09, 12:50 AM
Basically, my corsa's got no key with it, so im going to need to replace the steering colum (as i cant remove the barell as it wont turn to position one), and the door/boot locks. :(

But as its a chipped key, what will i need off another corsa to make it run again? ive been told so far ill need:

The chipped key from the donar parts vehicle
The ECU from the donar parts vehicle
The transponder/code recognition unit from the donar parts vehicle

Is that it? and also, does it need to be off one with the same engine size? as ive also been told the ecu from a diferent size engine wont work? :confused:

I hate modern-ish cars :cry:

Southie
24-06-09, 12:54 AM
You will need a chip key, transponder and ecu from the same and correct engined car :) or put carbs on it and sack off oll the injection lol

Dave.
24-06-09, 12:57 AM
lol, all in due time :D

So i know what a key looks like... ish,
The transponder unit is on the colum isnt it?
And the ECU is behind the passenger kick-plate IIRC?

Southie
24-06-09, 01:02 AM
The chip is inside the ignition key. The transponder sits around the barrel so take the barrel aswell or it will be useless. When cutting the wires get some length of wiring as well so you can soilder back to your old ones. Not sure where the ecu's are on the corsas though fella :( I drive a nova lol

Dave.
24-06-09, 01:13 AM
Dont get what you mean about cutting/soldering wires, the transponder just unplugs, as does the ecu iirc

Good job you mentioned the ignition abrell, or else i wouldve forgotten lol

davie_slim
24-06-09, 01:39 AM
no no, you need an ecu, transponder ring and key with chip the transponder ring just pulls off the ignition barrel so no need to cut wires, just unclip it and unplug the multiplug

davie

Southie
24-06-09, 07:18 AM
Sorry for the confusion Dave lol yes just unclip your old bits and plug in the new. Too use to typing this for the conversion into the nova, that's when you need to cut wires :roll: