PDA

View Full Version : new to the nova world

blu3
23-06-09, 11:42 PM
hey im callum and new to the nova game
iv just got a nova my missus nagging me to drive to got a car and doing my lessons and the only car i cud possiblally wana drive is a nova coz they the best:)
i got my self a mk1 nova with the following done...

engine
-1.4 dohc engine twin carbs, gte prop shaft, automatic choke, power flow exhaust KnN air filter, lots of of new parts so is running sweet and good for a while :)
chassis
-rare volk racing 2pc 16inch gr-c (very light) unknown fully adustable suspension not just springs :) and is slammed :)
body/interior
-minor rust :) origonal mk1 grille bumper (going to add fog lights soon) gte side skirts aint put on yet, not much else atm all i wana do is keep body looking respectably standard just very very clean... to be done might start on week end is full respray in midnight blue with black bumpers side skirt and white spokes on my volks the rim is polished :) want as much carbon fibre a poss, gte bucket seats, cool vauxhall steering wheel will be two baby seats as i have twins lol

CoolTiger
23-06-09, 11:44 PM
sounds very nice,

just a tip try not to text type ;)

oh and you need 15post before you can post pics :) try not to spam them 15 posts :D and welcome :D

Sloth
23-06-09, 11:45 PM
oh dear....

pics of propshaft and engine pls....

matt_vaughan
23-06-09, 11:45 PM
Welcome to the forum, we're all very nice people lol

And well done, only a modecombe of txt speach, but I'm sure someone will pick up on the small bits. :D

Enjoy.

EDIT: too late lol

Asa-James
23-06-09, 11:46 PM
welcome! get used to the rules and you should be okay.

just a quick point, it probably has GTE driveshafts as opposed to a propshaft

blu3
23-06-09, 11:51 PM
cheers mate its a pain tho when i type on here there is sum sort of delay and if i type fast it dont come up ill try my hardest to use propa english :) my engine i duno what it is its got dohc writen on it any ideas what i have? its fast my mate drove it was in fith gear going bout 35-40 put his foot down and it still had alot of pull! i was very impressed!!

Asa-James
23-06-09, 11:54 PM
dohc will be duel overhead cam, a posh way of saying its a 16v (yo!) out of a later vauxhall, corsa most likely. if its set up and running on carbs it should be very nice, be careful as they may need rebalancing from time to time. hurry up and get some pics!

Plug
24-06-09, 12:01 AM
Welcome to png :thumb:

The south west region Just keeps on growing .

Get a tenner in your paypal account for club membership :thumb:

Where abouts in devon are you also?

blu3
24-06-09, 12:01 AM
will do :) my missus wanted me to get a saxo i just laughed at her, i wana get it painted before i show it off im painting it and my mate is going to take it to his lock up to laquer it up proper good... i wana smooth the line on the lower bit of the bumper looks like a snow plow i just dont like the lines on each end as it goes around on each side is it advised?

p.s why it so slow to type on here like a delay or sumink

Graeme
24-06-09, 12:03 AM
Welcome and I don't know what delay you are referring to

blu3
24-06-09, 12:05 AM
i live in crediton till me n my missus get our place my car on my mate driveway in exeter to work on till i get a licence lol got bout 500quid put aside to start lessons shudnt take too long had alot of practice yeah ill get member ship asap :)

Plug
24-06-09, 12:06 AM
im assuming your talking about the lines on the top half of your front bumper that run all the way from left to right?

They can be smoothed off its all down to what you want it to look like at the enf of the day.

also this delay your speaking about i no nothing lol

cool mate i live down in dawlish small world isnt it.

Southie
24-06-09, 12:08 AM
Welcome to the madhouse lol

If you look at your times of posts people have posted just before you that's all, or your broadband is crud.

Pics please after your spam free 15 posts. Use photobucket to achieve best results.

muzzy
24-06-09, 12:40 AM
Hey welcome, sounds like a not bad wee motor. Get some pictures up once you have enough posts :)

~~joycey~~
24-06-09, 12:47 AM
Welcome :)

pickle
24-06-09, 12:50 AM
i think the delay will be your computer mate. you got loads of rubbish on it? you may want to fragment it with a disc fragmenter, may take hours but will clean the blighter up no end!

Brettski
24-06-09, 01:12 AM
welcome dude hope to see pics of the nova soon sound rather interesting

Ernie
24-06-09, 07:33 AM
welcome to the site and i was down your way yesterday at Dawlish warren.
Small world.

Plug
24-06-09, 07:53 AM
welcome to the site and i was down your way yesterday at Dawlish warren.
Small world.

dawlish warren :eek: in the nova?

thats about a 5min walk from my house lol

Ernie
24-06-09, 07:54 AM
dawlish warren :eek: in the nova?

thats about a 5min walk from my house lol

Sod driving that all that way i was in the rex as it has a/c lol

Plug
24-06-09, 07:57 AM
lol was a lovely day for the warren yesturday.

Should have poped over for a cuppa or beer.

(would have helped if i was at home and not at work lol)

Ernie
24-06-09, 08:04 AM
plus i dont have your number or any idear were your house is etc etc etc lol

tony k
24-06-09, 08:10 AM
another new memeber welcome to the club

AlexW
24-06-09, 08:48 AM
dohc will be duel overhead cam, a posh way of saying its a 16v (yo!) out of a later vauxhall, corsa most likely. if its set up and running on carbs it should be very nice, be careful as they may need rebalancing from time to time. hurry up and get some pics!

Small block 16v's dont have DOHC written on them anywhere lol
I say its XE.

Welcome to png none the less.

If you want some pics posting up pm me.

skidmarkz
24-06-09, 09:12 AM
welcome, good luck with ya prop shaft :)

kieran jackson
24-06-09, 10:27 AM
welcome to png

General Lee
24-06-09, 11:33 AM
Welcome to the forum buddy, have a good stay.

carrie_girl_wonder
24-06-09, 12:13 PM
Welcome :)