PDA

View Full Version : Gypsy scumbags tried to steal my car!

Matt
23-06-09, 05:45 PM
Parked the car outside my missus' house last night - her house is right next to the road and the car was pretty much outside her window. Got up dismorning to find some scummer had tried to steal it during the night! Really suprised as she lives in a nice quiet village where nothing like this really ever happens.

They've bent the door back to get in, kicked the steering wheel to snap the steering lock (steering column fecked) and have stolen the face off my headunit. Probably just after it for a bit of joy ride as they seem to have been fairly sh!t car thieves. There isn't too much damage and I'm hoping the door might bend back and be ok although there is a slight kink.

Here's the damage anyway...

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff60/mattmdavies/cbfa74cc.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff60/mattmdavies/3dac8a1c.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff60/mattmdavies/9df1b927.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff60/mattmdavies/e6b12e51.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff60/mattmdavies/1832c96c.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff60/mattmdavies/80db1e62.jpg

http://i242.photobucket.com/albums/ff60/mattmdavies/9f8253cc.jpg

Bad times! Hopefully I'll have it looking sweet again for Billing.

brainsnova
23-06-09, 06:02 PM
sorry to hear that but why leave the stereo face in the car.

Matt
23-06-09, 06:04 PM
Face was in the glovebox, not ideal I know but it wasn't exactly on show!

Could of been worse though I guess.

Martin
23-06-09, 06:05 PM
how do you kno they was a gypsy FFS..

gypsy's aint like that.. not the proper ones anyway..

Fact, First, Straight Please..

/Rant

Rich
23-06-09, 06:07 PM
they stole the face and left the rest of it?

Pathetic :(

^ pikey might be the better word there.

Matt
23-06-09, 06:13 PM

/Rant

Are you a gypsy? Sorry if I've offended you and your gypsy family.

Rich, yeah they took the face and not the actual stereo!

Muppets!

kc_08
23-06-09, 06:18 PM
his car just got broken into (sorry to hear that mate)
i dont think he cares how he worded his thread do you..

Spudly
23-06-09, 06:19 PM
Wounded fella thats real annoying especially as you can get into a nova just by smiling and waving at them:roll:

Plug
23-06-09, 06:22 PM
unlucky matey :(

you better be able to fix that door or get the vinyls made up some where otherwise it will no longer be a ski :(

Mazz
23-06-09, 06:23 PM
unlucky dude :(

stupot89
23-06-09, 06:23 PM
gutted for you mate at least they didnt steal it like they did mine

marc novataken
23-06-09, 06:31 PM

/Rant

+rep that man, there are people on this site from gypsy families, for example me :)

R1CH
23-06-09, 06:40 PM
Your bro text me today to say some scrotes try'd to nic it, he said it was f*cked tho, obviously any damage is sh*t but it could've been worse.
Get it down to that Andy fella and get it sorted out, steering column won't take much sorting, head unit was the same as mine wasn't it ? Kenwood KDC-W4034A ? Can use my face if you want ?
I thought it must've happened over Newcastle, suprised it happened where it did. Its not exactly a big place, someones bound to know who done it ?

Pistol Pete
23-06-09, 06:43 PM
Little scrotes. Not good.

Bit of wood at the bottom of the door and bend it back FTW. Steering coloum isnt a hard job either.

Asa-James
23-06-09, 07:11 PM
+rep that man, there are people on this site from gypsy families, for example me :)

romany blood in my family too. i get no end of banter for it tho:roll:

Martin
23-06-09, 07:13 PM
yes you have offended me.. really pisses me of when we get labled the same at pikey scum..

realy gypsy dont do stuf like that..

E5XTC
23-06-09, 07:16 PM
I ****ing Hate Pikeys !

marc novataken
23-06-09, 07:18 PM
yes you have offended me.. really pisses me of when we get labled the same at pikey scum..

realy gypsy dont do stuf like that..

once again i agree mate, and asa-james :thumb: i dont mind a bit of banter from mates cos thats what mates do, just different when people you dont know generalise people when theyre actually basing judgements on people that arent real romany/gypsies

Martin
23-06-09, 07:19 PM
aye it winds me up..

Stoo
23-06-09, 07:45 PM
Gyppos are all tramps!!!!

(flame suit on!!!)

Will F
23-06-09, 08:05 PM
For those of us who arent in the know, can you explain what the difference is between a pikey, a gypsy and a 'traveller'?

The 'Travellers' by me are CONSTANTLY robbing copper pipe/roofing/cables and are to blame for the majority of thefts....

This is my experience of them, hence why I see a caravan clan and automatically assume 'pikey'.... I am sure some of you lot are the same?

If you explain the diff, you can enlighten us and prevent further discrimination etc...

Spudly
23-06-09, 08:07 PM
^^^Well put dude have some rep:thumb:

Dar
23-06-09, 08:11 PM
Getting a bit touchy around here!

Nobby
23-06-09, 08:13 PM
pmsl! ANYWAY YOU GAYS!!! BACK TO TOPIC!! Fuking gutted mate i love your car! it could of been alot worse though. Ill still gve you £100 for it?? :P

Martin
23-06-09, 08:27 PM
A Gypsie is a type of people. They live by a creed of their own and have certain characteristics. They live in packs.

A pikey is a term referring to any kind of nomadic or homeless person. It only has taken on the Gypsie meaning lately.

A traveller is a British term, meaning salesperson.

Gypsie is ethnic,
pikey is slang,
traveller is colloquial. Hope that helps.

They ARE to separate things...

People get it mixed up.. Gypsies, Dont Thieve etc etc.. well not true ones..

Pikeys are people that call them self gypsies but are in fact the opposite

Martin
23-06-09, 08:29 PM
and if any1 wants to take the piss.. be a big man and come take the piss out f me in person..

so wat if ive got gypsies in my family..

muzzy
23-06-09, 08:32 PM
and if any1 wants to take the piss.. be a big man and come take the piss out f me in person..

your well cool :roll:

Dar
23-06-09, 08:34 PM
So what were the ones in snatch?
I remember that they had dags, do all <not sure what to call the group?> have dags? and one last question is it pikeys and travellers that travel and gypsies say put now?

This subject is starting to confuse me now:confused:

Andy_L
23-06-09, 08:37 PM
Martin, go and cool you billy bollocks in some ice cold water and then come back.

'Kin hell man don't get so worked up about these things.

The fact is some travellers/gypsies whatever you want to call them are robbing thieving scum. Some however are not and are I am sure very nice people.

Fact is you always hear about travellers turning up, thefts going up and when they leave the site they were camped on is a **** tip because they don't get rid of any of their rubbish. Hence all mobile people now get tarred with the same brush 'pikeys'.

As you say true gypsies don't steal. Sadly how many of those are left.

Martin
23-06-09, 08:41 PM
As you say true gypsies don't steal. Sadly how many of those are left.

Loads, you just dont hear about them coz they keep themselves to themselves..

Spudly
23-06-09, 08:41 PM
Without wanting to fan any flames, both martin and andy_L/will F have valid points........... BUT..

This is spiralling out of context methinks so can we get back on topic please:thumb:

muzzy
23-06-09, 08:43 PM
Surely some gypsy's steal things? You cant say that in the world NO gypsy people steal or have stolen :wtf:

The travellers around Aberdeen just leave a mess, steal metals and generally cause a pain in the ****.

Back on topic - Gutted that happened, at least its nothing major but thats not really the point, they must have been fairly useless to have managed to fail at stealing a Nova lol

projctnova
23-06-09, 08:45 PM
unlucky mate...good luck for the fixing it up in time

Balley
23-06-09, 09:08 PM
they did that to mine, but the window smashed on them(hA) and they did a runner, silly buggers

General Baxter
23-06-09, 09:11 PM
was it just me, or when you read pikey you think of lee lol

Spudly
23-06-09, 09:12 PM
was it just me, or when you read pikey you think of lee lol

Lmfao, shouldnt be funny cos thats mean but fudge me it is lol

General Baxter
23-06-09, 09:20 PM
this just took me over 15mins to find lol
best of both worlds lol
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b212/gerpander/chav_camper.jpg

skidmarkz
23-06-09, 09:27 PM
lmfao!

Sloth
23-06-09, 09:32 PM
i just fooking spat 'bow all over....

Stoo
23-06-09, 09:54 PM
Gyppers are still tramps ;)

Daz9124
23-06-09, 10:47 PM
Bad crack about the SKI But the majority of gypo's pikeys travellers or what ever you call them are trouble making criminal, tax dodging scum.

http://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/appleby_horse_fair_winds_down_after_hundred_arrest s_1_565597?referrerPath=home

And that was a quiet year...........

The vast majority are Nothing but trouble, same when the fair's come, more trouble, A close family member's best friend was killed by one for no reason a few years back.

Get a job/morgage and pay your way in life or **** off to some other country

I mean No offence to those genuine gypsie folk on here who are law abiding citizens but not one of you can get offended by being stereo typed as your reputation goes before you.

pickle
23-06-09, 11:00 PM
thieving scum are thieving scum no matter where they live and how they live and this thieving scum just so happened to try and twoc a mint nova this time. Lets hope it never happens again. . . . . . . peace

Asa-James
23-06-09, 11:01 PM
i personally would like to know how many of the new age "gippo's" actually have a proper romany/gypsy bloodline. as i said before, i know i have romany in my blood, from my grandads side. i dont live like a gypsy, i earn my money and pay my taxes, just like my parents and their parents. and there are genuine ones about, theres a family who do actually travel and have settled for a few weeks nearby to me. they come and go every year, are freindly, never leave a mess when they go and travel by wooden caravan pulled by horses. whereas you travel three miles away to one of the towns and the "travellers" have set up 4 perma camps, taken over practically a of one street (now affectionatly known as "Gippo Row") and the place is a constant tip. and as for the fairground folk, most ae carnies and have nothing to do with romanies/gipsies these days.

**rant over**

muzzy
23-06-09, 11:02 PM
thieving scum are thieving scum no matter where they live and how they live and this thieving scum just so happened to try and twoc a mint nova this time. Lets hope it never happens again. . . . . . . peace

True story :thumb:

Daz9124
23-06-09, 11:04 PM
i personally would like to know how many of the new age "gippo's" actually have a proper romany/gypsy bloodline. as i said before, i know i have romany in my blood, from my grandads side. i dont live like a gypsy, i earn my money and pay my taxes, just like my parents and their parents. and there are genuine ones about, theres a family who do actually travel and have settled for a few weeks nearby to me. they come and go every year, are freindly, never leave a mess when they go and travel by wooden caravan pulled by horses. whereas you travel three miles away to one of the towns and the "travellers" have set up 4 perma camps, taken over practically a of one street (now affectionatly known as "Gippo Row") and the place is a constant tip. and as for the fairground folk, most ae carnies and have nothing to do with romanies/gipsies these days.

**rant over**

Good post :thumb:

marc novataken
23-06-09, 11:20 PM

marc novataken
23-06-09, 11:21 PM

L14MNP
23-06-09, 11:23 PM
Not the Ski :(

brainsnova
23-06-09, 11:33 PM
get a snake. that'll stop them.

Matt
24-06-09, 12:09 AM
For christs sake someone edit the title and start a new thread for all the gypsys on here!

I've never read so much tat!

Lee H
24-06-09, 12:12 AM
For christs sake someone edit the title and start a new thread for all the gypsys on here!

I've never read so much tat!

lol lol :thumb: Well said.

Sorry to hear about your car, its a horrible feeling.

Matt
24-06-09, 12:17 AM
Your bro text me today to say some scrotes try'd to nic it, he said it was f*cked tho, obviously any damage is sh*t but it could've been worse.
Get it down to that Andy fella and get it sorted out, steering column won't take much sorting, head unit was the same as mine wasn't it ? Kenwood KDC-W4034A ? Can use my face if you want ?
I thought it must've happened over Newcastle, suprised it happened where it did. Its not exactly a big place, someones bound to know who done it ?

Aye it's fairly sh!t crack! Happened to start a job today (well yesterday) so doubt I'll have time to take it down to Andys this week. If you're not doing anything one night this week you fancy coming and having a look at the column just to see if it's actually knackered? Don't suppose you still have the old one out the GTE?

No idea who could of done it, maybe just someone passing through or someone whos seen it there before and come back. Could of been worse though, could of found it burnt out on Anthorn marsh! lol

Plug
24-06-09, 12:22 AM
as you said mate could have been alot worse

still unwanted hassle thou

Matt
24-06-09, 12:26 AM
lol lol :thumb: Well said.

Sorry to hear about your car, its a horrible feeling.

Cheers fella! Yeah these things happen. Just gives me an excuse to get a couple of other things done whilst it's in the bodshop I suppose.

:thumb:

Matt
24-06-09, 12:27 AM
as you said mate could have been alot worse

still unwanted hassle thou

True that!

Cheers to anyone else who posted something useful aswell.

napalm_27
24-06-09, 12:30 AM

**rant over**

well said mate
im half romany and the other half are fair ground folk
and pikies put a bad name to us :mad:

muzzy
24-06-09, 12:32 AM
The feeling that someone has been in your car that you dont know really sucks, even though there isnt major damage etc and the car wasnt actually taken its still a sh!t thing to happen.

Ernie
24-06-09, 07:38 AM
my old calypso red gte was broken into and all they took was the back part of the stereo as i had the face indoors.
Lucky for me they didnt put any damage on the car so must of known how to get in to nova's (i know how to)
It never felt the same knowing that somebody had been snooping around inside without me letting them.

General Lee
24-06-09, 12:30 PM
I really feel for you bud, probably the mintest nova on the site bar decs sport, but close none the less. I had exactly the same thing but i had a clifford alarm on mine and the blue bulb broke so you would never know, they opened the door waaaaaoooo waaaooo woooooooo woooooo you get the idea, and they must have pegged it. just found an open door with nothin touched only the door to bend back.

Mint FRST
24-06-09, 02:31 PM
Matt, sorry to read this thread about your motor. Tis a real shame and all I can say unfortunately not many things in this life can be sacred...

Chin up, youll sort it...

draper
24-06-09, 02:46 PM
Wounded fella thats real annoying especially as you can get into a nova just by smiling and waving at them:roll:

especially if your a girly and im driving ;)

Matt
24-06-09, 04:31 PM
Cheers for all the positive comments!

Finished work early today and managed to get the car down to the bodyshop. Good news is the fella says the door is no biggy and he'll have it looking perfect again. Bad news is he can't fit me in until a week on Monday (6th July) so it'd gonna be close for Billing!

Think I'm just going to get the car looking as good as I can before it goes into the bodshop so that when it rolls out I can just throw some polish at it and it should be set for Billing.

Mint FRST
24-06-09, 04:37 PM
Matt you get my pm?

Matt
24-06-09, 04:46 PM
Matt you get my pm?

Sorry mate yeah, replied now.

NovaLad
24-06-09, 05:16 PM
What i want to know is...
You can use Gypsie Tears to warn off Jews so does that mean you can use Jew Tears to warn off Gypsies?

& Before anyone starts i most likely have jew in my blood as my grandad was a sorta jew but didn't live like 1 lol... End of.

Sh*t news about the Ski... Love that nova! :(

Cormac
24-06-09, 05:50 PM
Sorry to hear about this matt, hope the body shop get it sorted in time for billing

Joe Richardson
24-06-09, 07:05 PM
sorry to hear about this Matt:mad: :mad:

And who gives a **** what you call them,them CUNTS damaged your pride and joy:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

****ing ****ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dj_wudgey
24-06-09, 11:41 PM
no way mate hope you get it sorted man!!

brainsnova
24-06-09, 11:48 PM
you now need an alarm :thumb:

wwmnw
24-06-09, 11:56 PM
**** alarms, Stick a ****ing rottweiler in the back of it when you park up for the night and only feed the thing once a week, Lets see them drive with no face, HA!

brainsnova
24-06-09, 11:57 PM
**** alarms, Stick a ****ing rottweiler in the back of it when you park up for the night and only feed the thing once a week, Lets see them drive with no face, HA!

it will eat the seats lol

wwmnw
24-06-09, 11:59 PM
it will eat the seats lol

Its a risk I'm willing to take for him.

Nick J
25-06-09, 01:41 PM
Gutted to see this fella :cry: Unfortunatly word soon gets round when a nice example of anything is spotted and then things like this can happen. At least the door looks fixable as a lot that are done in the same way are bent that badly they require a new door to line up properly and look spot on again. Hope you get it sorted soon.

Nick.

Lynsey
25-06-09, 04:20 PM

I hate it when people try to act big and hard :roll: barely sticking up for the Gyppos image when you're always showing aggression. I'd say you're more of a pikey :p LOL

Shame about the car, I'm glad it's fixable and thankful that that was the only damage done, it could have been a lot worse.

General Baxter
25-06-09, 05:03 PM
I hate it when people try to act big and hard :roll:

im allways big and hard infront of you

WINNAR lol

let_nova
25-06-09, 05:11 PM

do you like caravans?

Guderian
25-06-09, 05:25 PM
Alarms aren't the answer unless they are only armed when you are out in the country. If you arm them in an urban or suburban area, particularly at nighttime you run the risk of malfunction or oversensitivity, resulting in disturbing the sleep of non-specific pond life who them damage the car for the sake of it.

Now immobilisers.. that's different. So many things you can do in this area!

let_nova
25-06-09, 05:27 PM
immobiliser isnt going to stop someone stealing the contents of the car FFS.

Martin
25-06-09, 05:29 PM
I hate it when people try to act big and hard :roll: barely sticking up for the Gyppos image when you're always showing aggression. I'd say you're more of a pikey :p LOL

Shame about the car, I'm glad it's fixable and thankful that that was the only damage done, it could have been a lot worse.

love it when people take the bait.. dont worry lynz you wasnt the 1st lol

Let.. yes i do.. and dagz:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Guderian
25-06-09, 05:35 PM
Neither is an alarm, frankly!

Lynsey
25-06-09, 05:35 PM
I'm not worried ;) I just find all the big-balling rather pathetic. Know-it-all knows nothing.

Martin
25-06-09, 06:27 PM
know it all.. me? haha no chance..

let_nova
25-06-09, 07:58 PM
Neither is an alarm, frankly!

sure as fuk an alarm is going to scare someone off more than a immobiliser!!

CP
26-06-09, 08:07 AM
To clear up any confusion and avoid slagging off people on here who aren't theiving scum perhaps we should refer to the "old skool gypsies" as Romanies? I've known these over the years and its true they were by and large ok - a bit light fingered but none of the creating bedlam whereever they went or leaving their camp sites in **** order. They used to travel around doing stuff like beet hoeing. They were hard workers but you had to watch that they didn't cut corners - they were no angelslol.

The current scum that I've had plaguing me on the farms I have worked on are by and large Irish in origin and are best known as travellers or pikeys. They are hardcore criminals through and through responsible for much of the rural crime and fully involved in most types criminality.

You car may have been targetted by these sorts or just as likely young scrotes out of a nearby towns rough housing estate. They obviously knew the basics of breaking into a nova - we've all seen it before.

Martin
26-06-09, 08:28 AM
#they were no angelslol.

Now suuch thing as angels now'adays tho.. no1 is perfect

great post:cool:

Joe Richardson
01-07-09, 09:34 PM
FPMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!someone has give me negative rep for this threadlol

robertdevlin69
02-07-09, 10:12 AM
noooo,i actually love this car,hard luck mate but this **** happens
now get the finger out and get her fixed!