PDA

View Full Version : putting a webber carb together

nova dosed
11-02-03, 06:56 PM
Can any1 explain in simple terms how to put together a webber carb by put to gether i mean fitting a brand new one as u have to add things that are in the pack.

Ive read the instructions and they sound confusing its a 32/34 dtml

All i wnt to do is fit not fly to the moon and back. It says sumet about taking off ur manifold studs and this and wheres the vacum pipe suppost to go? Besides if u took off the studs then how r u goint o secure it onto the manifold?

Pictures wud be usefull

ta

rgv_stu
12-02-03, 01:38 PM
yup take off old manifold
take out studs (molegrips while tapping top with hammer)
place gasket
place adapter block
bolt down
fit studs to adapter
fit cable holder
gasket
bolt on carb
setup mixture / idle
fit cables

nova dosed
12-02-03, 06:34 PM
cnt u take the studs off with out taking off the manifold? Where does the vacum pipe fit into?

sleighty
24-02-03, 01:04 PM
Could any1 tell me what car i could get one of these carbs off?

cos i'm having a lot of problems with my pierburg 2E3 auto choke carb..

Euan
24-02-03, 05:26 PM
didnt know u had to take the manifold off!

nova dosed
24-02-03, 06:10 PM
right all sorted.

As long as u have the base plate t piece and bolts ur ok

Take off the carb lob it as far as u can as u wont be needing that shite thing any more (pierburg 2e that is)

Connect the water pipes that were on the choke as u wont need em again

Unscrew studs the 3 long ones

Fit base plate

Fit carb

fit fuel lines

The return pipe goes onto the t piece by the way

Fit air filter

fit vacum pipe to distributer its that easy

mines on and its sounds mint also get it tuned as mine is alittle holding back as at 4000 revs its like a limiter but im guessing its the cam degree as i have a kent cam.

Oh one more thing dont use ur old K and N off the pierburg 2e as u will but a dent in ur bonnet like i have from the nut lol i was gutted so ive bought a new k and n now ?50 it was so i have a spare one for a pierburg 2e now if any1 wants to make me an offer.[b]

Euan
24-02-03, 09:29 PM
so did u find out where the vacum pipe went on the carb then?

nova dosed
24-02-03, 10:00 PM
as bu use the t piece for the return pipe then there is 2 pipes on carb left they both suck so take ya pick i used the left one

nova dosed
24-02-03, 10:01 PM
sorry right side as ur looking at it

_JH_
25-02-03, 01:11 PM
Could any1 tell me what car i could get one of these carbs off?

an xr2, or some early mk3 fiesta's, 1.1s, 1.3s etc. but it will be jetted for the size of engine it came off. if your not too sure, get a garage to fit it. it will need proper tuning anyway. if you have to strip it down, see if you know anyone with a haynes for a fiesta, and the exploded view is in there somewhere. alternatively one of the keyboard jockies on here may be able to point you in the right direction of a website containing the info.

nova dosed
25-02-03, 07:08 PM
i inquired about a fiesta carb and was told by numerous people dont try it as all sorts of things need changing and it will be easy and cheaper to get the right webber in the end plus u will av to adapt or change the manifold and mess with that one all sorts of issues

I wudnt bother

_JH_
25-02-03, 10:00 PM
you have to adapt the manifold/add adapter plate anyway, only other option then is buy brand new, but i know i'd rather save money and have more hassle.

nova dosed
25-02-03, 11:52 PM
i wudnt plus its less messing and on quicker if u buy the carb new like i did u get all the bits u need anyway plus more. Its all there for u just be carefull of the brass coloured screws there very soft and i round 1 of em but managed to get it out.

_JH_
26-02-03, 12:03 AM
well sleighty it looks like your question has been answered. dont bother. buy new.

i wouldnt though

sleighty
26-02-03, 11:16 PM
Thanks to every1 that replied to my post it was a great help..

hope to find time in between work to visit more often and speak to you all later..

nova dosed
27-02-03, 12:43 AM
im selling a k and n for a pierburg 2e if any 1 wants it also a back box stainless steel magnex

Contact me if ur interested