PDA

View Full Version : nova competition mounts?

yayoboy
22-06-09, 09:21 PM
hi all, come to fit my mounts today and noticed that the engine mount only has one hole is this right? also thegearbox mount, the pin that came with the kit isnt quite long enough to get the nut on, and the mount has a lot of play side to side, do i have to g clamp the chassis bracket to pull it in so i can get the nut on? cheers

philip
23-06-09, 06:09 AM
the top bolt hole in the metal mount is bolted up on the front engine rubber.

and if thats what it takes to get the nut on then i guess yeah, or get a slightly longer bolt:)

yayoboy
24-06-09, 09:27 PM
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/yayoboy/24062009373.jpghas any1 fitted these mounts? first of they sent me 2 wrong sized pins, on there parts list that came with it they were meant to be m10 90mm, but they gave me 80mm, bought new pins, sorted, now with the gearbox mount fitted i went to pin through the top of it to hold the gearbox bracket on and the pin bottomed out b4 clamping the bracket, accordimg to there parts list the thread is the right length, so is it meant to be like it, or have i got to get another shorter pin, or is the ally mount not threaded deep enough, sorry to ask but chris astley who i got them of is out the country, but even if he wasnt i probably wouldnt get him to answer the phone! cheers

Chris Astley
29-06-09, 10:37 PM
I do answer the phone, the engine mount kit complete with all bolts e.t.c. is compiled by my supplier. IF there is a problem which there appears to be then i will sort it out, it looks like the bolts is too long. If you give me a call tomorrow i will sort out the correct replacement bolts for you.