PDA

View Full Version : megasquirt!

gavint5
22-06-09, 09:04 PM
anybody on here using a megasquirt? whats the general feeling about these systems because ive been looking into it and im finding myself becoming more and more interested in building one for my xe before i get throttle bodies.

if anyone here runs megasquirt what extras are you using? what codes? and what other mods do you have to your engine? oh and how many hours did you spend learning about teh system before you set your first one up?

burgo
23-06-09, 01:39 AM
best place you can start is http://www.extraefi.co.uk/

email phil and tell him what you plan to run and he'll sort you out. as for how easy to use i find it very easy.

i didnt really spend any time "learning" about it as the only way is to go ahead and get it bolted on.

gavint5
23-06-09, 01:54 AM
im a complete novice when it comes tomapping etc though.

im gonna call him tommorow and have a chat with him. see what it will cost me for what im gonna want. the main thing is i want a system i can keep remapping myself as i mod my engine further and this megasquirt looks the freindliest.

~~joycey~~
23-06-09, 04:07 AM
Tbh i only hear bad things about mega squirt? Basically that its ****e?

All the people i know say OMEX is the way to go :D

AlexW
23-06-09, 09:51 AM
My mate runs megasquirt on his 323, once he had done it all it was fine, but get somone who knows how to map it right unlike my mate lol

Its somthing il be looking into for my future project.

burgo
23-06-09, 08:42 PM
you get software with it that basically maps it for you. you tell it what lambda you want at each map point and it writes the map for you.

BODGSI
23-06-09, 08:59 PM
so its all very easy is it? is any one using it on 18xe1 then if so how do they go?

Adam
23-06-09, 09:15 PM
Tbh i only hear bad things about mega squirt? Basically that its ****e?

All the people i know say OMEX is the way to go :D
There great in the right hands...

There ****e if badly built in someones kitchen.... lol

Bodgsi-No it isnt easy, some of the settings on it a quite complex. And how burgo mentions about the "auto map" kind of thing, that wont map the ignition which is the tricky part.....

yayoboy
23-06-09, 09:31 PM
i was told also to stay away from megasquirt by 3 seperate, recognized tuners, iv gone mbe 94a, but from what i hear the dta, omex and mbe are as good as each other hth

burgo
24-06-09, 01:13 PM
There great in the right hands...

There ****e if badly built in someones kitchen.... lol

Bodgsi-No it isnt easy, some of the settings on it a quite complex. And how burgo mentions about the "auto map" kind of thing, that wont map the ignition which is the tricky part.....no not the automap thing on megatune i mean megalogviewer which users your data logs to alter the maps.

gavint5
24-06-09, 06:09 PM
the thing i ike aout megasquirt is that the whse sstem is designed o eahyou about egie mangeme. other brands bring out new ecu' and software mking your ld stuffworthless to dag extramone from you.

the only bad thing i can se about megsquirt is that its home built andif built by a mupet it could be useles. you can have them profesionally built aswell though if you want and that fella burgo linked me to does this

Stuart
24-06-09, 06:35 PM
Its a fantastic concept. Still got loads of wrong values for components and most arent automotive grade (but then even the "proper" aftermarket stuff itn auto grade lol). I will get round to respeccing mine oneday.

have a look in the articles section for the MS a LET guide (its also on mig for all to see but you have issues with there lol)

Stuart
24-06-09, 06:39 PM
because I know you are special and lazy
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111741&highlight=megasquirt

dan16v
24-06-09, 06:40 PM
the thing i ike aout megasquirt is that the whse sstem is designed o eahyou about egie mangeme. other brands bring out new ecu' and software mking your ld stuffworthless to dag extramone from you.

the only bad thing i can se about megsquirt is that its home built andif built by a mupet it could be useles. you can have them profesionally built aswell though if you want and that fella burgo linked me to does this

WTFlol

Stuart
24-06-09, 06:52 PM
WTFlol

proving hes a muppet and shouldnt be let lose with a soldering iron lol

Sloth
24-06-09, 07:01 PM
www.vaux-extreme.com/forum (http://www.vaux-extreme.com/forum) lots of good m/s advice, and the main site owner may build it for you if you ask nicely...

dan16v
24-06-09, 07:35 PM
proving hes a muppet and shouldnt be let lose with a soldering iron lol

Amen.

gavint5
28-06-09, 09:22 PM
Amen.

gimme a break lads i was on a dodgy inverter in my campervan. it can do that.

dan16v
28-06-09, 09:33 PM
Joking mate! lol

gavint5
28-06-09, 11:59 PM
im not. the peice of **** was from maplin and the women checked the labels on my laptop so to convince me she knew what she was talking about lol. she even got out a calculator and jabbed ina few things???