PDA

View Full Version : 1.6 8v turbo gsi engine

Twistie
22-06-09, 01:12 PM
i just want so more info on them like what bhp they run what turbo and bits will be needed just thinks like that

Can any one help

Thanks Jake
:thumb:

GRUNT 16V
22-06-09, 03:02 PM
Courtnays Conversion Gave You Roughly 150bhp And They Used The T2 Turbo From A Renault 5 Gt Turbo

craig green
22-06-09, 03:46 PM
R5 is a T25.

The T2 is smallish & runs 6psi from Courtenay on their cast manifold which are now all sold out. A pair of head gaskets are fitted either side of a laser cut stainless steel spacer plate to decompress the cylinders. Raised fuel pressure coupled with a vac/boost switch wired into the TPS which activates the std ECU's WOT map when positive boost pressure is sensed. Obviously there is a FMIC fitted in front the std radiator which fits under the upper slam panel & behind the grille.
An oil feed is taken from the rear of the oil pump on the gauge sensor outlet & piped into the turbocharger. An oil return pipe is welded into the front edge of the sump as high as possible (grind the lip to get every poss mm). Some alterations to the rocker cover breather pipes are made so it doesnt become pressurised. The AFM will now face the opposite way & will need to be connected to the turbo inlet with some flexible hose, Courtenay create a hole in the inner wing behind the offside headlamp. Use a cone filter as the airbox is not suitable. various silicone boost hosing, elbows & joiners are necessary.

Due to a less than ideal method of lowering the CR & not having forged pistons or particularly good fuelling, it is best to keep boost pressures relatively low. 6psi represents an awesome transformation over the std engine & takes a GSi from a fairly slow car IMO, to something that will blow away 99% of fellow boys in their cars. 9 or 10 pis is possible but heat becomes a factor for a turbo the size of the T2 mentioned.

Mike
22-06-09, 04:42 PM
Theyll run whatever hp you want them to. Just depensd how you build them & with what spec.

Twistie
22-06-09, 06:37 PM
the only think now is Courtenay dont sell the turbo kits no more so where can i get one form or what bits do i get ie what turbo

Mike
22-06-09, 06:47 PM
All the parts you need are readily avaliable of the shelf chap.

TBH though, if you dont even know what parts you need to turbocharge a motor, id give up now.

Its simply not a case of bolting a charger, to a motor. Theres a lot more to it then that chap.

Twistie
22-06-09, 06:53 PM
ya no what bits i will need it just getting them where abouts will i get it all from than or is any one still doing a kit

novarally
22-06-09, 07:57 PM
I will have a complete Courtenay turbo 1600 engine for sale soon.

Stuart
22-06-09, 07:59 PM
lots of info/dreamers asking about it in the tech forum.

Sloth
22-06-09, 08:02 PM
got 750 ish spare? and thats for a basic build. (scrappy parts)

craig green
22-06-09, 09:39 PM
TBH though, if you dont even know what parts you need to turbocharge a motor, id give up now.

Good advice. ;)

The other option is you ask the questions & folk on here tell you how to do it. Surely you dont actually want everyone to hold your hand so to speak?

There are books on the subject. :thumb:

Lee H
23-06-09, 02:26 PM
R5 is a T25.

Its definitely a T2 on the R5GTT. A good upgrade on one is to a T25.

Will F
23-06-09, 02:30 PM
got 750 ish spare? and thats for a basic build. (scrappy parts)

VERY basic imo...

I would buy one already done - make sure you see it running first, as it will have been thrashed and will probably be a tad smokey! ;)

Southie
23-06-09, 02:40 PM
PM dirtydog1 as he did this to his corsa. Here is a link to his wip, sadly it looks like he has removed his pictures. :(

CLICKYDOG (http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=116034&page=12)