PDA

View Full Version : convertible nova

novamark
11-02-03, 10:45 AM
folow this link.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2403358201&category=29750

TeddySRi
11-02-03, 10:55 AM
He doesnt know alot about it if he thought it was a 1.1.

My mate has a nova convertable which we have put a fully loaded nova sport engine in!

novamark
11-02-03, 11:06 AM
phat! i think they could look well nice if they were done up!

linzTDI
11-02-03, 11:22 AM
i think it looks sick!
i have Nova boots they look like a total shed!

Ste_Nova
11-02-03, 12:01 PM
http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/dedcbd7d/bc/Other+Novas+of+Intrest/Robs+nova+cab.jpg?bc6pOS.A.qqSGSIo

Wiggie
11-02-03, 02:11 PM
lol, was that one off the production line? or home made? did vauxhall evan make ne converables?

TeddySRi
11-02-03, 02:19 PM
Vauxhall sent the sheels to a company in coventry called hutchisons to be converted my mates is the original one that Hutchison owned himself.

Irmsher did also do a spider, which you may have seen in this months total vauxhall.

And you could also get a hatchback fold down roof version which was an irmsher concept.

linzTDI
11-02-03, 02:20 PM
still a load of shit

Fester
11-02-03, 02:37 PM
nah they can look sweet with the right mods

Aragorn
11-02-03, 02:53 PM
as can saloons :o

:fist: :2gunfire:

Wiggie
11-02-03, 05:25 PM
hmmm got any proof of a good looking saloon?

It must be hard to make into a soft top, as its a monocock (spelling??) alot of strength is in the roof. many 205 owners have tried this and just ended up with a flimsy unroad worthy ...write off. the big crease down the rear arch is always a good indicator!

ZuG
14-02-03, 06:00 PM
aragorns (from the pics) looks smart.

TeddySRi
17-02-03, 09:08 AM
Not a convertable but i have seen a nova sallon on 17"s and a c20let (2.0 16v turbo) engine in and leather..... its different ill give him that...

Just think bout crusing down the m1 in your bmw or something and to see a b reg nova sallon go buy..... how small would you feel!

novamark
17-02-03, 10:00 AM
yeah, that would be so cool, my mates mate has a 4 door one and he has a 2l 16v in it, it looks completely standard and crappy apart from a set of 17s and a big exhaust.

Tilly
17-02-03, 01:42 PM
hmmm got any proof of a good looking saloon?

!

someone correct me if im wrong but im sure there was a very sweet looking nova saloon (blue) in tv recently?

Pan@SW-CC
18-02-03, 10:53 AM
Here's my project Cabriolet...http://novacabriolet.co.uk...yea, gotta say, how many hatch novas are there out there already, all with the same mods and the same stuff done to them?

Ask the same question about the Nova Saloon...same kits will fit, same interior will fit, plus it's about being different isnt it?

...PS the Hutchinsons conversion included a really solid Roll Bar/Cage, which actually makes it stronger than the original :)

novamark
18-02-03, 11:14 AM
it is good to be different and it has to be said, alot of novas are very similar as only so much can be done to them, but as i said before, with the right mods, i think the convertible could look smart, i would b interested in seeing how the project goes if u wouldnt mind keeping me posted. cheers. mark.

Pan@SW-CC
18-02-03, 11:22 AM
...yea will do...it's all on hold at the moment until I build a garage or until the summer comes along...whichever first. need's alot of bodywork and welding around the usual areas like battery tray, sills and inside the rear arches, but other than that the shell is really good...cant believe there's no rust behind the headlights and it's not been repaired b4 :D ...it's been looking like that now since November 2002, but wrapped in tarpaulin (sp), a car just standing around rusts really quick so I'll probably find a few more bits to see to soon! :|

novamark
18-02-03, 11:32 AM
when i bought mine, the front end was really rusty as u can see if u look at the pics of my car, i just got a new front panel welded in, it was pattern and at trade price it was ?46, my dads mate is a welder and sprayer so i got it done for really cheap now the front end of my car is pretty much mint as you can see again in the pics. I think i'm gunna stop doin things to mine til it warms up a bit. Good luck with the car anyway, hope to hear from u soon and see some more pics of it. mark.

Evolution
18-02-03, 10:12 PM
Yeah but thing with lots of people modding the same car in similar ways, it isnt always about trying to be different, its being part of a cult. right?

novamark
19-02-03, 08:57 AM
yeah i spose but there has to b a variety of styling. i think anyway.

Pan@SW-CC
19-02-03, 11:20 AM
I agree with you about the cult thing...but the point is there are different models of Nova, and I have a saloon cabriolet and a normal hatch version...the hatch version is standard apart from the alloys, exhaust and suspension...simlpy coz if I do decide to do anything more with it, I know someone else has been there and done that b4 :wink: