PDA

View Full Version : Boost dump?

Benn
21-06-09, 07:03 PM
Right i'm having a prob with the let. At about 5k reves say in 3rd when it hits 5psi its dumping the boost.. Well thats that we think its doing.
I've now removed the chav valve and am running the standard dump vavle.

Heres a vid so you can see. Any help????
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/bennh/Car%20updates/th_Boostdump.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v321/bennh/Car%20updates/?action=view&current=Boostdump.flv)

The Simps
21-06-09, 07:19 PM
Can you actually here the DV dumping it or is it boost cut?

Have you got another working amal valve to try? Sure there's no problem with some of the re-wiring?

let_nova
21-06-09, 07:25 PM
sounds to me like boost cut.?

Benn
21-06-09, 07:37 PM
Can you actually here the DV dumping it or is it boost cut?

Have you got another working amal valve to try? Sure there's no problem with some of the re-wiring?

No, well dont think so, withthe bailys you could hear it dump the boost more, now withthe std one back in you cant really here it

No i dont have a spare, does it matter which way the wires are connected?

sounds to me like boost cut.?

I have no clue what either sound like...

let_nova
21-06-09, 07:41 PM
iirc boost cut is when the boost is set too high for the chip. so if your running the anal valve it will recognise this and cut the boost as a safety measure. what chip you using?

Benn
21-06-09, 07:51 PM
Standard ecu with std chips... This is what we thought at first, as the acturtor had been wound in, as he did run run evo 3 chips. So i've wound that out.

let_nova
21-06-09, 07:56 PM
i think this may be the problem then. wind it back to standard... or get chips?

Benn
21-06-09, 08:07 PM
I have, its been wound out. And still like it...

let_nova
21-06-09, 08:51 PM
hmm. have you tried winding it in a bit further. in failing that try another anal valve as these have been known to go faulty.

Benn
21-06-09, 08:54 PM
Its right at the end.

let_nova
21-06-09, 09:03 PM
ok. sorry im all out. hope you sort it.

Benn
21-06-09, 09:06 PM
Thats cool i'll try a amal vavle..

The Simps
22-06-09, 12:04 AM
The connectors need to be right on the amal valve yeah. Did you touch the wiring on it at all? They also very easily come out of their little pin connectors and I had to re-solder mine.

napalm_27
22-06-09, 12:10 AM
same as what my skyline did
its wiring on something
mine turned out to be air flow wiring melting due to a top mounted turbo
rewired it and it was fine

Benn
22-06-09, 07:51 AM
The connectors need to be right on the amal valve yeah. Did you touch the wiring on it at all? They also very easily come out of their little pin connectors and I had to re-solder mine.

See i've asked this before, as mine doesnt have a plug, to to push on crimps.
But some ones now said how it should be connected so gonna try it tonight.

Lee H
22-06-09, 08:44 AM
Can't watch video as I'm browsing on my phone. If it's boost cut it will nearly throw you through the windscreen when it does it. Should only boost cut at 1 bar ish boost though and the ecu light would flash on!

Other thing to try is the coil. I've had a faulty coil giving similar issues as the spark wasn't strong enough under boost!

If it's gradually dropping off boost but not cutting violently it could be cracks on the wastegate housing allowing boost to creep past when it shouldn't, quite common on these turbos.

Benn
30-06-09, 10:06 PM
Cheers Lee, sorry i haven't replyed before.
Changed the coil today and its make the idle much better and didnt bog down/died.

Did died when i diped the clutch once but that was it.

Lee H
30-06-09, 10:09 PM
No worries, glad I could help, had the same problem myself and couldn't believe it was the coil causing it.

Benn
30-06-09, 10:14 PM
Yeah, i'm hoping it will clear it up fully...

Cheers for the tip.

davidfox280585
30-06-09, 10:44 PM
anal valves have white collars in the ports try without them presuming its same as my old rs

Benn
30-06-09, 10:45 PM
Mine doesn't....

Lee H
30-06-09, 10:54 PM
anal valves have white collars in the ports try without them presuming its same as my old rs

Vauxhall ones don't.

Benn
02-07-09, 08:23 PM
Have wound the boost up a bit more.
Now when really holding it i can get about 7psi ish before it cuts it.

Gonna try changing the amal vavle.

Engine still dieing randomly.